Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom smtp relay issues

• 02-11-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭

Fyi I have gotten nearly 10 calls this afteroon with people having problem sending mails out through mail1.eircom.net.
    All with eircom as broadband provider, but unable to send messages , relaying denied.
    So if your having problems sending mail, call them up :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I use Jango smtp - free for the 1st 200 emails per month.
    http://www.jangosmtp.com/Pricing.asp

Eircoms smtp servers are pretty unreliable for me using the iphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

eircom's SMTP should only work if you iPhone is on WiFi that uses eircom DSL or Dialup.

eircom's SMTP should only work at all if you are on eircom's network to connect to Internet.

This is true for most SMTP. Anyone offering an open SMTP is daft, and your email is likely to get black holed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

All sorts of problems caused because of that error today. It's worse Eircom are getting not better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

watty wrote: »
    eircom's SMTP should only work if you iPhone is on WiFi that uses eircom DSL or Dialup.

eircom's SMTP should only work at all if you are on eircom's network to connect to Internet.

This is true for most SMTP. Anyone offering an open SMTP is daft, and your email is likely to get black holed.

Even though i have iphone in my signature, this problem was nothing to do with iphones.
    Business customers using eircom broadband and trying to send out through mail1.eircom.net were not able to send mails yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It may have been overloaded with spam. There was a recent day that SMTP was timing out on Digiweb. That's usually caused by a spam jump.

• Advertisement
Advertisement