Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temprarily Disable RAID 5 Array WITHOUT breaking it

• 02-11-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm currently having ram issues with my rig thats only been built a few weeks. Every so often it gets a random BSOD to do with "memory management", and it also has trouble passing memtest86 on cold boot. Can bench and memtest for hours on end when warm but wont do much on the first boot of the day. Its usually not a problem because its an i7-870 and nothing stresses it enough to cause issues.

That issue is most likely faulty ram sticks from what ive read so far, but until I get that sorted I want to disable my raid 5 array for safety. I dont want to have to spend a day filling that up again. Also every time I get a BSOD the array has to be reinitialised/verified and that takes 6-7 hours.

Is my best plan to disable RAID in the bios or just plug out all the drives and hope for the best?

Anybody who's heard of that ram issue on an ASUS P7P55D Evo feel free to jump in too, thanks

Edit - By the way ram is Corsair XMS3 1600mhz CL9 (I think)

Advertisement