Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Opens Tomorrow!

• 02-11-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

Yup, it's our go! Although the closing date is the end of January...

I've a few questions, since I want to apply straight away to register for the HPAT.

Can I swap around my choices and add choices after I've applied free of charge until the closing date (and once again at the change of mind date?)

For medicine, what are the restrictions on the change of mind date?

Can I add/swap/remove choices to my CAO free of charge until the closing date and at the change of mind date?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Not sure about cost of changing your mind

but,

re. Medicine. You have to have Med down by the first closing date which is February 1st I think. After that, you might decide to do a different non-Med course, and there's no problem changing.

However, after Feb 1st, you can't then decide you want to put Medicine down or change the order of the Med courses on your CAO.

For example, if you have Med in UCC down first, then UCD second, and NUIG third, you have to stick to that order unless you change your mind and want to do a different course altogether.

Equally, after Feb 1st you can't decide you want to do Med, and change your first choice from Nursing to Medicine.

Basically, if all you want is Med, it has to be in by Feb 1st (or whatever the first closing date is) and sin é!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If anyone has a disability you have to say you have it on a section on the main page and then that will be the start of the DARE programme

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

If you're looking to do medicing get it right first time ,so don't rush into picking a college unless you are sure!

All other courses should be fine to chop and change choices up until around leaving cert over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Please please please READ the damn handbook!

Read it carefully.

Then read it again! Highlight the important bits.

Keep it handy to check back on things.

The number of people who do silly things each year because they consider an hour or two to figure out the system is too much bother is just fecking crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If you have the medicine courses down by the 1st of February, I'm almost fully sure that you can change the order around when the CAO opens again. Do NOT take my word for it, contact the CAO if needs be, but I'm nearly sure I swapped the order of mine around after February as long as they were there in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

I just bloody well wish I knew what I wanted to put down.. :(

Advertisement