Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General price estimation for Garage

Options
  • 02-11-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering what kind of price I should expect for a 24-25 M2 garage extension.
    Single story, insulated walls, large window, garage door and external door.
    Tiled roof, plumbed and wired.

It's a rural town, so Dublin prices are prob not valid, but may give me an idea.

Thanks,
    PK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,041 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Depends on several factors but mostly whether it will be full contract or direct labour. If its full contract I think you would be looking at anything from 15k - 18k

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

We built something similar as part of our house build.
    Insulated floor, non insulated walls. Cavity blocks used. Plastered outside, not inside. Guttering. Natural slates. Incl 2 doors (roller and decent wood std one), 2 windows (one small,one std) 12k + Vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

I got an 8x5m garage built and its coming in about the 11K mark. Raft founds, 100mm cavity construction, fully pumped cavity, plastered outside, pointed inside, painted, gutters, roof with 4 veluxes (upstairs has a decent bit of room), high perf pvc windows x 2, timber door, automated insulated roller door. No plumbing, and maybe add on another 1k depending on how much electrics I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I got an 8x5m garage built....

That's a feckin excellent price !
    40M2 garage
    Pumped insulation
    4 veluxes
    2 windows
    wooden door
    electric insulated door (that's a grand on it's own!)
    €11k !!

What part of the country are you in Clint ?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

In Limerick, part of direct labour house build, prices below include labour and materials.

raft and block work 4000.
    roof 4000.
    insulation 400.
    plastering 500.
    windows 500.
    door 1000.
    roller door 1000.

So thats around 11,400. Prob just under the 12k mark when alls considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

In Limerick, part of direct labour house build, prices below include labour and materials.

raft and block work 4000.
    roof 4000.
    insulation 400.
    plastering 500.
    windows 500.
    door 1000.
    roller door 1000.

So thats around 11,400. Prob just under the 12k mark when alls considered.

What insulation did you get in the floor and roof?

Advertisement