Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the move

Options
  • 02-11-2010 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey folks. Just got my sponsorship through for myself and my girlfriend so heading out the end of the month to Sydney. Just wondering does anyone know where the best place to look for apartments or that is. Is there a Sydney equivalent of daft.ie. Iv been on gumtree.com.au but not much on it really. Iv been on domain aswell but alot of that seems to be thru agencies and id prefer not dealing with them.
    Also anyone know of any decent short term places. We'll be out the end of the month. Its not ideal timing as I know how busy Sydney can be coming up to xmas but if anyone could point us in the right direction for decent short term accommodation while we get an apartment i would be very grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dublin15_2009

I reckon keep your eye on gumtree, they usually have quite a bit on it .Thats where I found my last 2 places to stay anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

http://www.domain.com.au/

use the radar tool they have too, it pretty cool. http://www.domain.com.au/Ore/Public/RadarSearch/Search.aspx?s_iid=radarformb&mode=buy

sorry, just re-read that, you already looked at domain ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

You better hope to be in a long term place by new years or start looking soon for hotel/hostel because the city gets very busy. I've always found my places on RealEstate.com.au.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Svenright

Hey all, im also moving to sydney in the next 4-6 weeks. I know whats required re references etc in order to secure a flat/unit/apartment etc. Can anyone advise if its realistic to look to secure a house/unit within 3 or 4 weeks of arriving? I know that 2 or 3 years ago the rental market was fairly cut throat and it used be difficult to secure a place. Ive even heard of prospective tenants paying above the requested rent. Can anyone confirm if this practice has died a death!! thanks!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement