Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do near Fota Island Hotel

Options
  • 02-11-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am heading down to Fota Island Hotel this weekend for two nights.Besides the wildlife park, spa and eating at the restaurant there, are there any restaurants or pubs in nearby towns that people would recommend?Or things to see/do nearby?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Farmers' Market in Midleton on Saturday morning.
    Trip down to Ballymaloe for lunch or if that's a bit steep, the Farmgate in Midleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Drive down the road to Cobh - there is Heritage Centre, Museum, Sirius Arts Centre, waterfront walkway, the Titanic Trail aka historical walking tour that meets in Cobh town centre and you are walked through the sites of interest. Several nice restaurants. Lots of bars. A nice place to spend a few hours during the day.

Don't forget that there is also Fota House, next to the Wildlife Park, a historical house where you can now go for dinner on the weekend nights (pre-book) or Sunday lunch.

Have a lovely weekend. J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Bramley Lodge for a nice breakfast, Elm tree for lunch, Midleton market (as above) and distillery, Cobh heritage museum.

...and apparently Spike Island is now No.3 in Trip Advisor's 'things to do' in Cork -

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g186600-Activities-Cork_County_Cork.html

EDIT: ..and yes, I do now realise I'm a little late in posting this. :o

Advertisement