Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Indie Games in Ireland

Options
  • 02-11-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the issues surrounding the lack of access to the Indie Game Marketplace in Ireland? There's very little information out there as to why we're locked out our when it will change. Oddly enough developers seem in Ireland to be able to submit and publish their games to the service, but then can't buy them themselves. Haven't been able to find a work-around for it either.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently it's licensing issues but I call bull**** because there's no licensing issues for indie games since they're bloody independent. I think the whole indie thing was a beta of sorts by MS who are too lazy to open it up to other territories. It's really annoying. Was hoping you could set up another account and set your region to UK but apparently not. It's a bit ridiculous. Love how the hiked the price up on Live saying it's because of the content they deliver like Netflix, Last FM etc., stuff we have no access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Theres no price hike in Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've created a UK specifically to get around this, you can use a points card to top it up to buy things. A pain I know but better than going without.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does it work like the PS3 with a US account then? You can just set-up a UK account while in Ireland, add points to it via a card and then buy whatever you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Does it work like the PS3 with a US account then? You can just set-up a UK account while in Ireland, add points to it via a card and then buy whatever you want?

Correct, I use mine to buy songs from Rock Band Network which isn't available here because we are not in a XNA region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

oh, can you have a UK and Ireland accounts on the same console? can you then play indie games on your Irish a/c?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    oh, can you have a UK and Ireland accounts on the same console? can you then play indie games on your Irish a/c?
    Yep, there is no problem doing that. I have a US Account and an Irish account - log on to the US account, download the Indie game and then log on with the Irish account. It all works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Yep, there is no problem doing that. I have a US Account and an Irish account - log on to the US account, download the Indie game and then log on with the Irish account. It all works fine.

interesting, i may look into this. there are some free xbox games on LIVE too that we cant get. what are the best indie games, any hidden gems?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LSlemon98

How do i make another account with a different region?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LSlemon98

but how do I make a new account with a different region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

New email address with the info set to a UK post code and region. Use it to set up a Gamertag. Then you're done. Make sure you remember the password of your new email address and set up security proofs.

Advertisement