Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Activity 2

Options
  • 02-11-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Im suprised there has not been a thread about this so far? What did everyone think about it, I for one thought it was a great
    prequel
    to the first one. Also I have to say there were some parts that were a bit scary such as
    looking through the door into the childs room and seeing the mother's legs as if shes sitting on the couch and then a quick pan back and all of a suddon shes gone.

paranormal-activity-2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Didnt find it overly scary tbh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I enjoyed it,
    loved the way it was worked into the first one, didn't see that coming i have to say. I thought the leg dragging went a bit to far, for example on the stairs. I thought the kitchen bit and the dog bit where very good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I enjoyed the first one far more, probably because of the fresh idea. Plus there were some right scumbags behind us in the cinema shouting 'OH MICKEY!' every 3 minutes. Which got old astoundingly fast. Damn Savoy...

That said, it had some great moments. Like
    when Katie first shows up and you still don't kno it's a prequel, I kept waiting for her to go freaky! And the end, post PA1, was pretty good too.

All in all, worst part for me was
    the dog getting her ass handed to her. Don't care about the people, but do NOT f*ck with the dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

i'll go see it next week grimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Only enjoyed the scenes with the dog. Very well filmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I'm sure a fair few people have seen it by now, so I probably won't be spoiling much at this stage. But if you haven't seen it yet, look away...

I really enjoyed it. Some great scenes, like the one where the daughter steps outside the front door to see if anyone's there, only for it to slam shut right behind her.

It's cool when the baby is being lifted out of the cot by an 'invisible' force.

Also class when the wife/mother is dragged down the stairs and into a room by the same unseen force.

I actually jumped when the wife/mother was downstairs reading a magazine during the middle of the day when suddenly all the cupboards and drawers blasted open. That was very good.

I was also impressed by the scene where the daughter is asleep on the couch downstairs one night and the TV is still on. Then the TV goes all fuzzy, you hear the tension building, and you can see a grey form making its way towards her, before she jolts awake.

It's good how they re-introduced the couple from the first film. The woman is a good actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Christ he is irritating.

i havent seen it, but going by how predictable the first one was, I'd assume I'd be saying much the same thing as him if I did go to see it.

Its not to be taken too seriously though, it is a jumpy frighty film rather than an actual account of a demonic infestation.

Im sure astronauts think Star Trek is a pile of shite because well, its not really like that. Im not really sure what the reviewer was expecting, breaking transgender cinema noir? Its a halloween horror flick alot better than that bollocks SAW VXXXVII.

• Advertisement

aye, but people dont treat star trek as a representation of nasa. some paranormal people I think, believe theres an edge of credibility to the paranormal activity movies. lets be honest, I'd say a fair few 'paranormal investigators' went out of their way to watch it with the idea it represents poltergiest activity etc.

It's only a movie - a fictional one at that. It's ENTERTAINMENT. A bit of a laugh.

It isn't necessary to analyse it to death.

is that another way of saying its a bit crap? Or was it actually a comedy?

maccored wrote: »

its another way of saying ... go see the film.

It's only a movie - a fictional one at that. It's ENTERTAINMENT. A bit of a laugh.

It isn't necessary to analyse it to death.

I dunno didnt you think that in the scene where the dog was in the room that the director was making a veiled attempt to criticise the post modern bauhaus movement in Chile. Im mean like ... hello!

he criticised Bauhaus? But they were a great band ...

Ffs, are you for real?

Who, apart from you of course, really gives a sh*t? A quick scan through the reviews of it online will advise you on whether it's any good or not, and you can make up your own mind about whether it's entertaining, comedic or crap (or maybe all three) by simply seeing it for yourself.

Otherwise, you'll be to-ing and fro-ing like an eejit in the debate about its 'meaning' well into next summer, by which time the DVD will be out.

Actually, that's a good idea - wait for the bloody DVD.

im sorry - i forgot my handbag. please carry on your bitching session without me - thanks!

im sorry - i forgot my handbag.

Your handbag isn't the only thing you've forgotten.

I'm sure that was really, really funny.

To go back to the thread though. In response to me saying that there are idiots who take Paranormal Activity 2 serious, you said it was basically just for a laugh, which was why I asked you was it meant to be a comedy or something - since 'its only a laugh' type comments come about mainly when people try to justify big balls of ****e.

Going by your subsequent rant, you obviously didnt understand what I was getting at, so now Ive had to dumb it down and explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

it was what it was a movie a bad one at that ;)

I'm sure that was really, really funny.

To go back to the thread though. In response to me saying that there are idiots who take Paranormal Activity 2 serious, you said it was basically just for a laugh, which was why I asked you was it meant to be a comedy or something - since 'its only a laugh' type comments come about mainly when people try to justify big balls of ****e.

Lol, you're still hacking away at the rock face with your pick axe! Obsessive analysis of trivial, minute crap!
    Going by your subsequent rant, you obviously didnt understand what I was getting at, so now Ive had to dumb it down and explain it.

Dumb down what? What the HELL are you on about? I don't require you to explain, and I don't give a **** about you bothering to explain either, something you said that does not require explaining.

I DON'T F UCKING CARE!! Idiot.

I cant understand why they havnt made a reality TV show about Ghost Hunters in Ireland. You lot go to pieces over nothing, you'd be amazing for TV!

Advertisement