Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub Contractors Protest at Aldi Tullamore

Options
  • 02-11-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭

Spotted two large Cherry Pickers parked inside the new Aldi Car park earlier with banners stating "Local services supplied but we can't get paid"

Not sure what the story is but is this another example of Developers screwing over subcontractors?

This store and access roads have been finished for well over a year, anyone know whats going on? Aldi are clearly permitting the cherry pickers to be parked in their car park so I assume there not at fault.:confused:

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Seen it alright, they have two of them billboard sign things there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Extraspin

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Extraspin wrote: »

Makes interesting reading that article, seems some of the protesters have a colorful past, It dawned on me who the rigny guy was on reading on.

I doubt this will be the last protest by sub contractors on various sites

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

They have three chances of getting their money slim, nil and f**kall. I have friends carpenders, plumbers and electricians who are owed money for work done as far back as three years ago, smaller again outfits than those mentioned who have told me they haven't a hope in hell of ever getting what they are owed. It's the same story with many tradesmen, many are owed thousands for work done. Having said that the money they were charging during the 'boom' was crazy.

I remember back in 2003 I was quoted 900 euro to have my house sprayed ( with me supplying the paint) plus 50 euro a window and 75 euro for the front door. It's 2010 now and it's still not painted, the only thing I paint is the front door. Picasso is on the dole now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

They have three chances of getting their money slim, nil and f**kall. I have friends carpenders, plumbers and electricians who are owed money for work done as far back as three years ago, smaller again outfits than those mentioned who have told me they haven't a hope in hell of ever getting what they are owed. It's the same story with many tradesmen, many are owed thousands for work done. Having said that the money they were charging during the 'boom' was crazy.

I remember back in 2003 I was quoted 900 euro to have my house sprayed ( with me supplying the paint) plus 50 euro a window and 75 euro for the front door. It's 2010 now and it's still not painted, the only thing I paint is the front door. Picasso is on the dole now.

Agreed, its a disgrace what has been going on, sub contractors seem to get the barrell end of ****e n developments, I'm just amazed they are not more vocal, this small protest seems to have succeeded in getting some payments but i suspect only because Aldi told the developer pay up or no more contracts. I also noticed the contractor is donegal based? WTF, surely the sub contractors saw problems coming, at least a local developer is mor likely to pay local sub contractors (Just a thought)

• Advertisement
Advertisement