Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events & gig buddies

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

The Rooftop Film Club: Queen of Hoxton is starting up again soon.

http://www.timeout.com/london/film-screenings/rooftop-film-club-queen-of-hoxton?cid=tonllon

It starts on May 1 with Anchorman and has up to five screenings a week until the end of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Im thinking May 2,6,8,9,11,14,18,27!!

I wonder if I can move in for the month!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

The Sci-fi London Costume Parade takes place this Sunday at Straford East Picturehouse at 2pm. It's part of the festival that runs until 6th May.

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭fluke

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema/Stratford_London/film/Sci_Fi_London_Mst3K_Laughathon/

Worth a look and I might go. If anyone's interested let me know :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Fysh wrote: »
    Princess Bride Quote-Along @ The PCC, Saturday 27th April.

If you either:
    a) don't appreciate the magnificent accomplishment in filmmaking that is The Princess Bride,
    b) don't know or appreciate the special awesomeness that is the Prince Charles

Then consider this a great opportunity to remedy these appalling character defects. It's for your own good. Heck, it's practically medicinal.
    I can *not* believe I missed this! Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

blondie83 wrote: »
    I can *not* believe I missed this! Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I think they have them fairly regularly - definitely highly recommended, it was a lot of fun. If you're up for it, you can go in costume and potentially win a prize :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Hi Guys and Girls

I see the Globe Theatre season has re-started. It was on my bucket list last summer but alas it never happened.

Anyway, it was suggested to me before that the Yard tickets (at five pounds) a pop were great and kind of a fun, nearly interactive experience. Anyone bought these tickets before? Was it uncomfortable standing for so long? Lots of annoying tall people in front of you? Just curious..... mind losing out on five quid isn't the end of the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Hi Guys and Girls

I see the Globe Theatre season has re-started. It was on my bucket list last summer but alas it never happened.

Anyway, it was suggested to me before that the Yard tickets (at five pounds) a pop were great and kind of a fun, nearly interactive experience. Anyone bought these tickets before? Was it uncomfortable standing for so long? Lots of annoying tall people in front of you? Just curious..... mind losing out on five quid isn't the end of the world :)

I'd be interested in going to any and all of those - but I would probably stretch the budget to an actual seat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

serrity wrote: »
    I'd be interested in going to any and all of those - but I would probably stretch the budget to an actual seat!

Me too!

Cool, well I'm thinking of going to the afternoon showing of Venus and Adonis this Saturday. If anyone is interested let me know.

I'll probably go to ones further down the line too, so maybe we could organise a group outing. I love a bit of Shakespeare I do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Cool, well I'm thinking of going to the afternoon showing of Venus and Adonis this Saturday. If anyone is interested let me know.

I'll probably go to ones further down the line too, so maybe we could organise a group outing. I love a bit of Shakespeare I do :D

The pub attached to the globe is quite good too although it is a little pricey if memory serves me correctly. Lots of good pubs around there though so it could work as a cultured beers!

Playboy wrote: »
    The pub attached to the globe is quite good too although it is a little pricey if memory serves me correctly. Lots of good pubs around there though so it could work as a cultured beers!

Cool, will have to try it out.

Have a look at the Globe Theatre schedule for the summer folks and see what tickles your fancy :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Back onto important subjects like The Best Film Ever MadeThe Princess Bride, there's another screening this weekend at the PCC - this time, it's a Pizza & Beer Night Screening on Bank Holiday Monday at 9.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Fysh wrote: »
    Back onto important subjects like The Best Film Ever MadeThe Princess Bride, there's another screening this weekend at the PCC - this time, it's a Pizza & Beer Night Screening on Bank Holiday Monday at 9.

I'm in! Although you've just seen it, do you want to see it again?

Scarinae wrote: »
    I'm in! Although you've just seen it, do you want to see it again?

Two weekends on the trot at the same cinema is probably a bit excessive, I think...I'm still tempted, though (mmm, pizza!)

Arrested Development banana stand at the London Eye until 2pm today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

serrity wrote: »
    Arrested Development banana stand at the London Eye until 2pm today.
    Is it mvving around London?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Is it mvving around London?

Yes. Follow @NetflixUK on Twitter for updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

david o'doherty is doing a show in regents park on july 14th.

it's a good chance to see the east leinster u14 triple jump bronze medal (community games) winner. he's also one of the last people i know of using myspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

it's a good chance to see the east leinster u14 triple jump bronze medal (community games) winner. he's also one of the last people i know of using myspace.

We've seen him live a couple of times. He's worth going to see :-)

• Advertisement

Short notice I know, but if you're a fan of Max Brooks (Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z) and you fancy seeing the original Night Of The Living Dead at the cinema, the Prince Charles are having a screening tomorrow night with a Q&A by Brooks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I posted a few months ago looking for an irish langauge group; well, one has started through the organisation Mind Yourself (www.mind-yourself.co.uk). Seconf meeting was last night in their workspace which is about five minutes walk from Angel Tube station.

Informal and social chat thorugh Irish, all levels. Was a nice evening. Meeting fortnightly, which means next one is on 5th June between 6:30-8:30. Free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

He is excellent and his latest show is fantastic.

Not sure about open air comedy here though.
    If it rains it would be seriously miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

David Kitt is doing a short tour in early July. London date will be announced soon according to the promoter's facebook page.

I've pledged on songkick detour (which is a fantastic new service that i've been using in beta the last while but has now gone live) to try get The Redneck Manifesto over here for a date.

Join me iambrazil and spread the word.

I've pledged on songkick detour (which is a fantastic new service that i've been using in beta the last while but has now gone live) to try get The Redneck Manifesto over here for a date.

Join me iambrazil and spread the word.

Done. Will be amazed if enough people pledge to cover the airfare of even one member from Sweden to London!

Oh not a chance of it actually happening but sure it's worth a try. I would love to see them live again. It's probably been a good 8/9 years.

It's probably been a good 8/9 years.

thankfully i got to see them in 2011 just before i left Dublin. one of my favourite bands ever.

*another David O'Doherty alert* one off late show (new material) in The Invisible Dot on June 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭fluke

iambrazil wrote: »
    thankfully i got to see them in 2011 just before i left Dublin. one of my favourite bands ever.

*another David O'Doherty alert* one off late show (new material) in The Invisible Dot on June 5th

Nice one! Got tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

The link below is offering half-price tickets to zoo lates on 7th and 14th June. OH and I just booked two for the 14th. They're 12.50 each. Getting drunk in close proximity to tigers, what could possibly go wrong?

Offer ends at midnight tonight (Saturday)

https://uk-offers.timeout.com/deals/zoo-lates-at-zsl-london-zoo

Advertisement