Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events & gig buddies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Anyone fancy going to see The September Girls next friday 18th in The Waiting Room in Stoke Newington? PM if so, I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Giving ye plenty of notice for Rockaoke at the Hootananny in Brixton on Wednesday 6 November. Come along this time, it's great fun!!

http://www.hootanannybrixton.co.uk/

The list of songs is here:

http://www.cornucopiamusic.co.uk/rockaoke/

Doors open in the band room at about 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looks like there's a few cheap £12 tickets available for Thursdays performance of The Light Princess, the new Tori Amos written musical .

Has anyone heard much about it?

EDIT: Not anymore, I regret not just buying a pair now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Hi folks,

Famous London venue Water Rats (kings Cross) are hosting Irelands premier blue's funk R&B Rock band........The Oddsocks.

Ok so these guys are friends of mine but they do rock big time. Their Halloween shows are legendary back home. There gig last month in Islington O2 was epic and this one will be better.

They are playing Friday Nov 1st and as it is the day after my birthday (yes i was born on Halloween) I will be there for a cure of whiskey soaked funk rock!!

Maybe see some of you guys there...........

frAg

• Advertisement

Definitely definitely definitely going to this when it opens:

http://www.londontown.com/LondonEvents/Large-Hadron-Collider/f6ddf/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

serrity wrote: »
    Definitely definitely definitely going to this when it opens:

http://www.londontown.com/LondonEvents/Large-Hadron-Collider/f6ddf/

Group outing?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Group outing?

I like the way you think.

Group outing?

How do the weekends of 16/17 and 23/24 November suit people?

16/17th suits me better than the 23/24th - we're moving on the 28th so need that weekend for packing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

16/17 - good
    23/24 - bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I think my weekends are all booked out until Christmas apart from 14/15th December. The trials of popularity :( I'll probably see it in the new year.

Just got an invitation to a public Mind Yourself discussion about the mental health of Irish people in London.

Not sure if I'll go myself yet, but if anyone is interested in attending, it's on in Southwark Town Hall, SE1P 5LX on 26 November from 6-8.30pm.

The panel speakers are Dr Liam Delaney from the University of Stirling, Mary Heffernan from the Irish Forum for Counselling and Psychotherapy, Mark Gottsche, Development Officer GAA and Noreen O'Donoghue, Carer.

rsvp at info@mind-yourself.co.uk

(I've nothing to do with Mind Yourself. This came to me in an email and I said I'd let the rest of ye know.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was at the previous Irish People in Londons' Relationship with Alcohol discussion which was well worth going to. Can't go to this one unfortunately.

16/17th suits me better than the 23/24th - we're moving on the 28th so need that weekend for packing!
    16/17 - good
    23/24 - bad

Shall we book tickets on Saturday 16th so?

It's timed entry, so how about 11:40am - we could grab lunch afterwards.

Book here: https://www.maximweb.org/sciencemuseum/SelectDay.aspx

Sounds good to me :)

Hold fire on this for now - I may not be free on that Saturday after all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The London Korean Film Festival is on at the minute, and TimeOut have half-price tickets to a bunch of the screenings.

There are also free screenings of Public Enemy and Public Enemy Returns amongst others - all screenings at the Curzon Soho and Korean Cultural Centre are free, but you need to book in advance to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

The Prince Charles are screening the whole first season of Veronica Mars in one sitting. Insane. Tickets on sale now.

I'd like to go but that's probably a bit too hardcore for me. I think it works out at over fifteen hours.

what's happening with the Science Museum visit?

• Advertisement

Not sure! Looks like Serrity is out for next weekend, but no word on others really. I'd still be up for it, but will throw around the alternative date of the 30th too.

Right - I'm not free this Saturday but I can do Sunday - 11:40am time slot suit people?

I might not be able to do Sunday - might be going racing with the OH.

Anyone for Collider on Sunday then? Ladymaybelle? Silvervixen?

Just gotta see can i move a few things about first, will get back to you

Just gotta see can i move a few things about first, will get back to you

Cool. I'm flexible on times - first slot is 10:40am and last is 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

serrity wrote: »

I'd love to go to that. I regularly listened to the Infinite Monkey Cage when I used to commute by car. Dates might be an issue though as I think I might be busy on the Saturday. Which date would suit you best?

I'd love to go to that. I regularly listened to the Infinite Monkey Cage when I used to commute by car. Dates might be an issue though as I think I might be busy on the Saturday. Which date would suit you best?

I can do either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

On a similar note, 9 Lessons & Carols For Godless People is back again this year. I've been a couple of years previously and they were pretty entertaining.

Advertisement