Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events & gig buddies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

serrity wrote: »
    I can do either.

It seems the other half is interested in going to this too and she has her Christmas party on the 12th so the Saturday should be good for us. Just need to double check we're definitely free.

When are you looking to book tickets by?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

It seems the other half is interested in going to this too and she has her Christmas party on the 12th so the Saturday should be good for us. Just need to double check we're definitely free.

When are you looking to book tickets by?

Soon as, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mostly arranged through LLP - but tea, Yumchaa Camden, midday tomorrow anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Mostly arranged through LLP - but tea, Yumchaa Camden, midday tomorrow anyone?

Ha, I was only there Wednesday! Lovely little spot, cant promise tomorrow but will let ye know x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LoneAtom

Any gig buddies for Sabbath tomorrow night in odyssey?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Prince Charles Cinema are doing a series of Christmas Double Bills, including the always-awesome Gremlins + Die Hard on December 19th.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Further Prince Charles Cinema goodness - they're doing a Sci-Fi season with some great choices, including The Best Christmas Film Ever (Tied)* AKA Brazil on December 21st and Videodrome on January 29th.

*: The other tied entry for Best Christmas Film Ever is, of course, Die Hard.

December was a bit busy for a Large Hadron Collider exhibit visit - anyone up for it this month?

http://www.londontown.com/LondonEvents/Large-Hadron-Collider/f6ddf/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

83ste wrote: »
    December was a bit busy for a Large Hadron Collider exhibit visit - anyone up for it this month?

http://www.londontown.com/LondonEvents/Large-Hadron-Collider/f6ddf/

Weekend of the 18th or 25th?

Weekend of the 18th or 25th?

25/26th would be better for me.

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

83ste wrote: »
    25/26th would be better for me.

Anyone else?

How long will the visit last do you think? The 25th could be good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

There's a 15 minute video followed by 20/30 minutes of content depending on how fast you want to work through it.

Then again, that's all dependent on the individual.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Just a heads up that the Good Ship in Kilburn have launched a Gaming Club. Every Monday night for two hours before the comedy starts, they'll have retro consoles set up, as well as an XBox and PS3. There'll be time trials and fight tournaments, and you can also play against the comedians.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Just a heads up that the Good Ship in Kilburn have launched a Gaming Club. Every Monday night for two hours before the comedy starts, they'll have retro consoles set up, as well as an XBox and PS3. There'll be time trials and fight tournaments, and you can also play against the comedians.

any commodore amigas there?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I've already seen it, but Time Out are offering exclusive slots and no booking fees for Book of Mormon for May/June, If you're in any way interested, go see it, couldn't recommend it highly enough:

http://ticketing.timeout.com/tickets/the-book-of-mormon?cid=tolddem280114bannerbookofmormon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

For any London Irish rugby fans, Waxy O'Connor's is hosting 'Pint with a Player' this Wednesday 26 February from 7-9pm, followed by live music from The BibleCode Sundays. I'm not going but said I'd let ye know in case that floats your boat!

This just popped up on my fb feed in case anyone is interested:

http://www.musicglue.com/londonirishcentre/events/5-apr-14-being-irish-in-britain-in-2014---a-one-day-conference--london-irish-centre/

‘Being Irish in Britain in 2014’ -5th April 2014

A One-Day Conference at The London Irish Centre
    Join us for a day of conversation and exploration of Irishness in Britain in 2014.

2014 will see the London Irish Centre celebrate its 60th anniversary and the first official state visit of an Irish President to Britain. At a time when Britain continues to act as a magnet for Irish emigrants, the London Irish Centre will host a day of discussion around what it means to be Irish in Britain in 2014.

With a diverse roster of guest speakers and contributors from Irish academia, business, the arts and London’s Irish community, the event hopes to generate a dialogue on contemporary Irishness in Britain: what has changed and what remains the same, and what challenges might face the community now and in the future.

Expect reflections on the themes of the generation gap between older and newly arrived members of the community, questions on Irish identity in Britain, how Ireland’s relationship with the diaspora in Britain has developed, and the role of Irish Centres in 21st century Britain.

Ticketing:
    £12 Attendance only – no refreshments or light lunch
    £20 Attendance, refreshments & light lunch
    £10 Attendance only – no refreshments or light lunch (concession)

EVENT OVERVIEW:
    Panelists:
    Jennie McShannon - CEO Irish in Britain
    Bernard Purcell - Editor Irish World
    Dylan Haskins – Broadcaster/Presenter
    Mary Hickman - Centre for Irish Studies
    Pól Ó Móraín – Irish International Business Network
    Bryan Moriarty – Whispering Beasts Theatre Company
    Kelly O’Connor – Irish Cultural Centre, London
    Bernard Canavan – Artist/Historian
    Catherina Casey – Craic-It, London, Irish Cultural Centre
    David Burns – We’re Coming Back Campaign
    Marc Scully – Academic
    Seán Sorohan – Writer/Historian
    Conor McGinn - Senior Adviser to UK Labour Party/GAA Club Chairman
    Kieran Ryan - Morgan Stanley/Trustee London Irish Centre
    Mary Heffernan - Irish Forum for Counselling & Psychotherapy

Seems the London Irish Centre are also having a season of Edinburgh comedy previews:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/04/03/having-a-giraffe-innit/

tickets are a pocket-friendly £7

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Might interest some....

Rubberbandits are doing their excellent
    new show Continental Fistfight in that
    big purple cow on the Southbank, May 10th
    at 7.45pm. Very special Popbitch price:
    10GBP for 15GBP ticket. Code is YOKES.
    http://www.underbelly.co.uk/rubberbandits

• Advertisement

http://www.musicglue.com/londonirishcentre/events/12-jul-14-tedfest-london-london-irish-centre/

London Irish Centre presents:

Tedfest London

Saturday 12 July @ London Irish Centre, London

The London Irish Centre are hugely excited to announce that we will be hosting Tedfest London this July!
    A very special London pop-up visit from the annual Irish Tedfest event, Tedfest London takes place on Saturday July 12th right here in Camden.
    Featuring:
    • The Lovely Girls contest
    • Ted's Got Talent
    • The Craggy Cup: Priests v Nuns 5-a-side
    • The Audience Without Dermot
    • The Craggy Island Céilí
    • Music from Tedfest Housebands
    • Matchmaking with Nellie
    • A Treasure Hunt!
    • DJ Sr Scratchy
    • The Prizeless Quiz
    • Galway Toilet Duck Winner 2014
    All this, and there might even be a few cups of tea as well.
    Tickets are £30 and available here:
    http://www.tedfest.org/tickets.php?Action=Tickets
    Get 'em fast as this will be a sold-out event.
    For more information contact info@londonirishcentre.org

I can't work, already agreed to work that day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I can't work, already agreed to work that day :(
    You can 'unagree' to work it, surely? Because we're all doing Tedfest this year.

Right, folks?

It falls just after my birthday, and miraculously I'm not at a race track that weekend. I'm in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Oh my god I want to go to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I have to go to! I've wanted to go to a Tedfest for years, looks like amazing craic.

Reekwind wrote: »
    You can 'unagree' to work it, surely? Because we're all doing Tedfest this year.

Right, folks?

I might ask if I can do a different weekend instead. So want to go to TedFest :(

I might ask if I can do a different weekend instead. So want to go to TedFest :(

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I've just bought my ticket :)
    Thanks for your order for tickets for Tedfest

Bless you my Son

You will go to Heaven

Now where can I get a nun outfit?

I'm in! Ticket bought and everything. Now off for a nice cup of tea...

Sure, didn't our Lord himself on the cross pause for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world? :pac:

This is going to be epic! :D

• Advertisement

Got my ticket too.

Advertisement