Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events & gig buddies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Scarinae wrote: »
    Sure, didn't our Lord himself on the cross pause for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world? :pac:

This is going to be epic! :D
    83ste wrote: »
    Got my ticket too.

This may need its own thread - dying to spam everyone with quotes!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

The Good Ship has a super secret headliner this Bank Holiday Monday, might be worth heading along for a look, only £4 in advance, £5 on the door...

http://www.thegoodship.co.uk/whats-on/events/26-may-14-the-good-ship-comedy-club-presents-the-good-ship/

A quick google of the review quote tells me it's
    Hal Cruttenden

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Lovebox in Angel is featuring Nas celebrating the 20th anniversary of Illmatic.

Also did ye know you can get standing tickets in Shakespeare's Globe for a fiver??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Anyone going to Hyde Park to see Soundgarden & Faith no More next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Any trip-hop fans in the house? UNKLE are playing a one-off show this Friday at the Southbank. Looks quite tasty.

• Advertisement

Reekwind wrote: »
    Any trip-hop fans in the house? UNKLE are playing a one-off show this Friday at the Southbank. Looks quite tasty.

Seen them a few yrs back, awesome live!! It's a rare treat!

Yeah, big fan but never seen them live. So very keen on this if anyone is interested.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've already seen it, but if anyone is interested in seeing Ghost Stories, Time Out have half-price tickets (£19.50 down from £39).

So apparently there's some kind of Twitter-powered treasure hunt in London this weekend. There are worse excuses to wander around the city in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Apparently you can pick up £2.50 tickets to Arcade Fire next Thursday in Hyde Park here: https://bst-hydepark.axs.com/event/29zi6iw3i5nbw9xv/price/0fb7b452645

I'm still waiting on my confirmation, but this suggests they'll honour them: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/british-summertime-hyde-park-joyous-music-fans-keep-2-50-tickets-sold-error-1454443

• Advertisement

Anyone going to Black Sabbath in Hyde Park next Fri?? Mainly going for FNM & Soundgarden though...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Guy I sit beside in work is trying to shift 4 tickets to this.

£25 each.

Think the RRP is £55.

Just in case there's any Irish interest!!

PM me and I can put ye in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Hi just asked him!

Apparently he got them for free.

Zippy1991 wrote: »
    Hi just asked him!

Apparently he got them for free.

In that case il give him a tenner for all four!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/entertainment/shane-macgowan-tops-bill-for-paul-mcguinness-benefit-gig

Hi lads,

A number of months a member of Shane McGowan's former band (The Popes) was struck by a hit and run and left with serious brain injuries. Shane is hosting a benefit gig in Camden Town for him. I know Paul and the Popes quite well and this is definitely a worthy cause and a chance to see some fantastic bands as well.

http://www.musicglue.com/londonirishcentre/events/12-jul-14-tedfest-london-london-irish-centre/

London Irish Centre presents:

Tedfest London

Saturday 12 July @ London Irish Centre, London

The London Irish Centre are hugely excited to announce that we will be hosting Tedfest London this July!
    A very special London pop-up visit from the annual Irish Tedfest event, Tedfest London takes place on Saturday July 12th right here in Camden.
    Featuring:
    • The Lovely Girls contest
    • Ted's Got Talent
    • The Craggy Cup: Priests v Nuns 5-a-side
    • The Audience Without Dermot
    • The Craggy Island Céilí
    • Music from Tedfest Housebands
    • Matchmaking with Nellie
    • A Treasure Hunt!
    • DJ Sr Scratchy
    • The Prizeless Quiz
    • Galway Toilet Duck Winner 2014
    All this, and there might even be a few cups of tea as well.
    Tickets are £30 and available here:
    http://www.tedfest.org/tickets.php?Action=Tickets
    Get 'em fast as this will be a sold-out event.
    For more information contact info@londonirishcentre.org
    For those that are going to this, does anyone know if there's a dress code? I mean, do people generally turn up in costume? (And I don't mean as one of the Supremes.)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Got an e-mail from them this morning strongly encouraging costumes.

Bugger. I'd better get myself a 'I shot JR' t-shirt quickly then...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Reekwind wrote: »
    Bugger. I'd better get myself a 'I shot JR' t-shirt quickly then...

You should go as the Dancing Priest!

• Advertisement

I do have the moves. It may be that or Eoin McLove, with his happy face

I got my nun costume today, not sure if any of the nun characters are distinctive enough for me to be a particular one though. Unless someone knows where I can get some Easter Eggs in July?

Just cover your face in chocolate, they'll know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I got my nun costume today, not sure if any of the nun characters are distinctive enough for me to be a particular one though. Unless someone knows where I can get some Easter Eggs in July?

feckin hell. i had a pointless competition with a friend of mine the week after easter to get as many discounted easter eggs as possible. i got 16. i've eaten one.
    i knew they'd have their moment of glory!

feckin hell. i had a pointless competition with a friend of mine the week after easter to get as many discounted easter eggs as possible. i got 16. i've eaten one.
    i knew they'd have their moment of glory!

No way, are you going to Tedfest as well?

My nun costume arrived today too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Only seeing this now :(

Are there tickets left? I can't get onto the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

No way, are you going to Tedfest as well?

yep. i'll bring one along for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Misticles wrote: »
    Only seeing this now :(

Are there tickets left? I can't get onto the site.

Think it might be sold out :( I am 50/50 whether I can go at the moment but if I cant you are welcome to my ticket. I'll let you know tomorrow

• Advertisement

I'm also taking part in the lovely girls competition...

Advertisement