Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderate NAT Type

• 02-11-2010 8:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right folks,

My settings have gone from Open => Moderate and it's taking an age to get into a game!

Could somebody please help me figure out how to get it back to Open. I've been onto Xbox support and Eircom an neither one can help.

I'm not very computer savvy so any and all advice would be greatfully appreciated!

I changed my Firewall settings to Low on the Eircom Web Configuration page and when I into the port codes that Xbox gave me on PortChecker and got nothing. Granted, I could have been putting the codes in wrong or something... confused.gif

P.S - My computing terminology is not the may west so please keep things as simple as possible smile.gif

Thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

modern warfare 2?

open http://192.168.1.254 Go to Expert Mode >> Configure >> Advanced >> NAT

COD: MW2 requires ports from 28960 to 29000 to be forwarded alongside whatever ports xbox.com says.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

exioot wrote: »
    modern warfare 2?

open http://192.168.1.254 Go to Expert Mode >> Configure >> Advanced >> NAT

COD: MW2 requires ports from 28960 to 29000 to be forwarded alongside whatever ports xbox.com says.

Yea it's for MW2. Where about's am I looking on the page for Expert Mode.

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I log in to that page.
    untitled-1.jpg

Eircoms gateway has changed since Ive last used it

Check under "Advanced", your looking for an option called Port Forwarding

Eircoms gateway has changed since Ive last used it

Check under "Advanced", your looking for an option called Port Forwarding

Ok, I've found the page I'm looking for. Now, what kind of information do I need to put into it... :confused:
    untitled-2.jpg
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-10.png[/IMG]

You will need the IP address of your xbox 360, if you go to your network on your PC - your 360 should be visible, right click, properties and find the IP.

I know my PS3 is 192.168.0.3 - should be along those lines, add the IP to server IP address in the pic above, click add. It should redirect you to another page and let you put in the ports you need to open.

I'm just assuming, that gateway is different to the netopia one I was using a while back

• Advertisement

You will need the IP address of your xbox 360, if you go to your network on your PC - your 360 should be visible, right click, properties and find the IP.

I know my PS3 is 192.168.0.3 - should be along those lines, add the IP to server IP address in the pic above, click add. It should redirect you to another page and let you put in the ports you need to open.

I'm just assuming, that gateway is different to the netopia one I was using a while back

Judging by the interface it's a ZyXEL modem.

In the drop down box it gives me a list:

HTTPS
    FTP
    E-Mail (SMTP)
    E-Mail (POP3)
    Telnet
    NetMeeting
    PPTP
    IPSec
    VOIP (SIP)
    TFTP
    Real-Audio
    User Define

Could you please tell me which one I'm to pick...

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Right folks,

My settings have gone from Open => Moderate and it's taking an age to get into a game!

Could somebody please help me figure out how to get it back to Open. I've been onto Xbox support and Eircom an neither one can help.

I'm not very computer savvy so any and all advice would be greatfully appreciated!

I changed my Firewall settings to Low on the Eircom Web Configuration page and when I into the port codes that Xbox gave me on PortChecker and got nothing. Granted, I could have been putting the codes in wrong or something... confused.gif

P.S - My computing terminology is not the may west so please keep things as simple as possible smile.gif

Thanks again!
    It quite easy use your ppoe setting on your xbox user name eircom password broadband1 that get you open nat on 360

I clicked on "service name" WWW and nothing happened.

It now says Start Port 80 - End Port 80 - Sevice IP 192.168. 1. 2

user define

should let you add custom ports?

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    It quite easy use your ppoe setting on your xbox user name eircom password broadband1 that get you open nat on 360

But it gives me three options...

User Name =
    Password =
    Service Name =

What should I put into each one?

But it gives me three options...

User Name =
    Password =
    Service Name =

What should I put into each one?
    eircom as well doh service name doesn't really matter

rob808 wrote: »
    eircom as well doh service name doesn't really matter

I just put in the following:

User Name = eircom
    Password = broadband1
    Service Name = eircom

It disconnected me from Xbox Live straight away and would not let me connect again until I cleared my PPoE settings

YUS!! NAT Type = Open :D

I just put in the following:

User Name = eircom
    Password = broadband1
    Service Name = eircom

It disconnected me from Xbox Live straight away and would not let me connect again until I cleared my PPoE settings
    There is another way go to your router page click on nat there should be list of games look for xbox live and enable it .The ppoe setting should had work im using ps3 & xbox live through ppoe setting and have nat1 on both. Turn off firewall on your router your pc be save with it own firewall on.

Advertisement