Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engagement shoot ideas

• 02-11-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I will be shooting some engagement pics for a couple in about 3-4 weeks or so and wanted to know if any of you coud suggest a novel location or set of ideas that might work well at this time of year?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Glenbarrow near clonaslee is very picturesque,also Dunamasc castle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

a) Ask the couple to agree on their favourite film then shoot in a style that matches at location that matches.

b) Get the couple to fly you to vegas and shoot at the famous neon sign salvage yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

lintontraveltavern.jpg

Have you tried this place A.Partridge? The staff are very friendly and the bar does cocktails such as the famous Ladyboys
    7BD1A3551B754A2DA8DBCDC6DC27CB1A-800.jpg

Although too many will leave you like poor ole Jim here
    B2E9C1259A2B49B79B0D90B93767D87B-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

What area are you taking the couple to? I see that you are based in Leinster, but whereabouts in the country will you be traveling to with these folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

lintontraveltavern.jpg

Have you tried this place A.Partridge? The staff are very friendly and the bar does cocktails such as the famous Ladyboys
    7BD1A3551B754A2DA8DBCDC6DC27CB1A-800.jpg

Although too many will leave you like poor ole Jim here
    B2E9C1259A2B49B79B0D90B93767D87B-800.jpg

I have tried there before but they had nowhere big enough to park my Lexus.

It's the Japanese Mercedes you know.

:D

• Advertisement

*eadaoin wrote: »
    What area are you taking the couple to? I see that you are based in Leinster, but whereabouts in the country will you be traveling to with these folks?

You're quite right. I forgot to mention the general location we would need. They live near the Red Cow but are free to travel anywhere within the Dublin/Wicklow area.

I know that the weather will be unlikely to provide me with rim light or may not appear at all so I was hoping to see if anyone knew of winter light locations which they may be aware of from a previous shoot.

Thanks for your reply.

hoganpoly wrote: »
    Glenbarrow near clonaslee is very picturesque,also Dunamasc castle

Thanks for your suggestions.

I've heard it said that Dunamase is impressive alright.

That's near Portlaoise isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

That's near Portlaoise isn't it?[/QUOTE]

correct and true on the strdbally roed out of portlaoise:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

I just saw someone's wedding photos that had been taken in the National Garden Exhibition Centre in Kilquade. They had to book it to make sure that there was no one else in the photos but I reckon at this time of year it would be quiet enough to take photos without booking.

eas wrote: »
    a) Ask the couple to agree on their favourite film then shoot in a style that matches at location that matches.

b) Get the couple to fly you to vegas and shoot at the famous neon sign salvage yard.

Option a) is entirely probable.:pac:

Option b) has two chances of working out! :D

I can always dream.

Thanks anyway.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Have you thought about the Phoenix Park, plenty of places in there and if weather gets bad you can take a trip to the bandstand. I know there do be people around there having a drink from time to time but they generally will step aside for you if asked.

Aside from that I love going to the 12th lough in Lucan for pics. What about their reception venue also? I did engagement shots at the reception venues before and had guest books made up with pictures from the engagement shoots on each page.

Have you thought about the Phoenix Park, plenty of places in there and if weather gets bad you can take a trip to the bandstand. I know there do be people around there having a drink from time to time but they generally will step aside for you if asked.

Aside from that I love going to the 12th lough in Lucan for pics. What about their reception venue also? I did engagement shots at the reception venues before and had guest books made up with pictures from the engagement shoots on each page.

Yep, Phoenix Park could be good alright. I don't know the 12th lough in Lucan but will investigate it for sure. Now, the wedding venue might also be a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 monosnaps

If you have a look around you will see leaves everywhere, what I am suggesting is a night shot of the couple under a a street light using Flash surrounded by leaves, wet leaves even better lots of reflections. You could do it at dusk and use flash as fill in . Stephens Green or Phoenix Park would both have this setting. You could also do a night time city shot in mono using flash.

monosnaps wrote: »
    If you have a look around you will see leaves everywhere, what I am suggesting is a night shot of the couple under a a street light using Flash surrounded by leaves, wet leaves even better lots of reflections. You could do it at dusk and use flash as fill in . Stephens Green or Phoenix Park would both have this setting. You could also do a night time city shot in mono using flash.

Thanks Eddie.

Now that you mention it I think strobist might be the best way to go!

I could even try it in some of the other locations too.

Thanks,
    A.P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

how about carton house in maynooth? or under the arches in glendlough?
    n509337254_683644_7177.jpg

where did they get engaged? maybe theres a story there somewhere, or something in the photo about where theyre from, how they met..along those lines.

Advertisement