Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking iphone 4???????

Options
  • 02-11-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have just bought an iphone from the the apple store and after gettin my micro sim from my network (meteor) i realised it didnt work so i had to bring it to a phone shop to get unlocked but with the new software in the brand new iphones cant be unlocked yet because people havent cracked the software yet:(
    is there any1 out there who knows some1 who has cracked it yet or knows some1 who can....? :)
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

robc182 wrote: »
    I have just bought an iphone from the the apple store and after gettin my micro sim from my network (meteor) i realised it didnt work so i had to bring it to a phone shop to get unlocked but with the new software in the brand new iphones cant be unlocked yet because people havent cracked the software yet:(
    is there any1 out there who knows some1 who has cracked it yet or knows some1 who can....? :)
    thanks!

If you had the sim in the phone the phone the first time you started it it's locked, wrong forum so try the Apple one:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The above post does not make sense!
    OP if you bought the iPhone from apple it would be unlocked,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you activate the phone on itunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robc182

thats probably why im posting stuff on this thing cuz it makes no sense.
    i thought it would work with my meteor network but it doesnt only 3g vodafone nd o2 networs will work. so i need to unlock it but ders no1 who can do it so far, iv rang a few places nd dropped the phone in 2day and they said it cant be done yet!

i cant because u need to have the simcard up and running 1st... it says insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate the iphone..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's your micro sim is wrong not the phone? Did you call meteor?

ya meteor said i need to get onto vodafone to get some code but after an hour of being transfered back nd forth they told me i couldnt have it so i went to the gsm center http://gsmcenter.ie/ and they said with the newest software it cant be unlocked for a while till some1 can break the software.... its only in the past few weeks this is happening to all new iphones i was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

ha...:D u think im not tellin u the truth where i bought it???
    i 100% got the phone 4m apple but i dunno lads it very confussin cuz i rang some guy in a different shop 2 nd he said the same thing that u said that it cant be locked 2 some networks but not other 1's.. are u sure that when the come 4m the factory there unlocked 2 meteor?????????:)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

robc182 wrote: »
    ha...:D u think im not tellin u the truth where i bought it???
    i 100% got the phone 4m apple but i dunno lads it very confussin cuz i rang some guy in a different shop 2 nd he said the same thing that u said that it cant be locked 2 some networks but not other 1's.. are u sure that when the come 4m the factory there unlocked 2 meteor?????????:)

If bought from Apple it is unlocked to all networks! Sounds like perhaps sim card was not activated by Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

jwcurtin wrote: »
    If you had the sim in the phone the phone the first time you started it it's locked, wrong forum so try the Apple one:)
    Lenny wrote: »
    The above post does not make sense!
    OP if you bought the iPhone from apple it would be unlocked,

Sorry according to Engadget Mobile, if the iPhone 4 has a sim in it when it is first activated in iTunes, it's should be locked to that network! Sorry for the confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement