Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you "Donate" to software/sites?

• 02-11-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

So I was messing around looking for a flick and a site came up as being possibly malware or something. I got this message saying so and after follwing the message link i came to http://www.stopbadware.org/

There is a donate button on the site and liking the nature of it I donated $10. It is not something I do too often but every now and then I use a site or a piece of freeware, like greenshot (One of the best utilities ever!) and I make a donation. I wouldn't do it to often for sites, maybe twice a year, if even that but I do donate to good freeware when I can.

Does anyone else? :confused:

Do you donate for freeware or sites? 12 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 12 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

Nah, they're all scams.

*whistles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

yeah i have done in the past, to yer man that came up with the jailbreak for the iphone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah I've donated to video hosting sites, eh for no particular reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,830 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im skimpy on donations, mostly in part to never having cash when i think of it. I may have donated to ccleaner once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If only all of the software companies had a "donate" button, then we wouldn't have to pay for any of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

if i had a credit card, i'd donate to jDownloader. saved me loads of time downloading....eh..."documents" from Rapidshare and the likes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm very generous. If it's free I like to let other people pay for it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I regularly donate to a site thats host to one of the most addictive free games you can get on the PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I regularly donate to a site thats host to one of the most addictive free games you can get on the PC

I hate work so eh..... link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I used to donate money but my computer went on fire after I was doing it for a while so I stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I once donated when i one an online lottery,all i had to do was pay $25 and they'd put $125,000 in my bank account,im still waiting but it's probably just being held up because it has to come from america..

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I hate work so eh..... link?

I presume it's minecraft. (Don't do it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I gave Khaled the money for mIrc.

I used it so much i thought he was due the tenner. Ive since lost the reg key :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Might give a 5€ donation to wikipedia.. Good site, with 3/4 useful information on ad free.
    Ideo wrote: »
    yeah i have done in the past, to yer man that came up with the jailbreak for the iphone!

I wonder do the companys that 'jailbreak' phone give a dontion after all they are using the persons code and charging 40-50€ to basically install an application on the phone.

Also gave a few quick to a lad on a 'sharing links' forum for hosting etc... Chaps site is ranked in the top 500 world wide.. Convinced he is behind another very popular site ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Donated afew quid to Wikipedia there awhile back. Also donate to a couple of amateur games podcasts to help them cover hosting fees etc. That is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes, have donated to a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I would if i could, the life of a teenager, not exactly rolling in cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

paying for stuff is gay

Absurdum wrote: »
    paying for stuff is gay
    What about paying for sex, surely thats not gay. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Teutorix wrote: »
    What about paying for sex, surely thats not gay. :p

It is if it's gay sex.

• Advertisement