Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nurse for day

Options
  • 02-11-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

i dunno if this is the right thread but my girlfriends mother is in long time care in a dublin hospital and we live in wexford she needs regular insulin and has to have a nurse with her if she leaves the hospital i was hoping to surprise my girlfriend by bringin her mother down to see her new life down in wexford but i was wondering where do you go about getting a nurse and what is the cost for a day any advice would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Billiejo

Two thought come to mind since you dont cite what disability your M-in-Law has.
    If she is hospitalised away from family members of course she would require a nurse to accompany her if going outdoors regardless of disability or immobility.
    Without the facts I would suggest you discuss the idea with the ward staff who will inform, or advise you how to go about organising an insulin visit from the Public Health nurses in your area. That can be arranged without much adu.
    Lots of people frequently take their loved ones home like you suggest for a day, a weekend and for Christmas etc. Always make sure that the Public Health Nurses in your area are aware and make sure she has all her meds with her.
    Even if you enlisted a private nurse the Public Health Nurse would still be obliged to provide the insulin.

As for private care, Simply ring any nurse agency and inquire re cost. Loads in phone book. My guess albeit out of date is about 20 Euros per hour plus agency fees. However if one were to accompany her from Dublin this would incur extra costs.
    Why not take her home yourself and if she still needs private care use a local agency. Or if you know any nurses in your home town they may offer some info. Lts of hospital nurses do moonlighting jobs.

Advertisement