Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapy? in Vicar St 5/11/10

Options
  • 02-11-2010 9:30pm

Just found out about this last week and picked up ticket today.
    THERAPY? are planning an extraspecial performance by airing their 1994 hit-album, Troublegum, in it’s entirety! Fans will get to sing along to classics ‘Nowhere’, ‘Isolation’ and ‘Screamager’, plus audience-favourites,‘Die Laughing’ ‘Knives’ and ‘Trigger Inside’.

“With it being the band’s 20thanniversary we wanted to do something a bit different, so we thought this mightbe an interesting setlist for the audience and a bit of a challenge for us,”explains bassist Michael McKeegan. “Some of these tracks we haven’t played formore than 10 years. There’s actually one song on there I think we’ve only everplayed live once before.”

“We are doubly excited’ added singer Andy Cairns, ‘as it’s the first time for us to play VicarSt, a venue that has somehow escaped us over the last 20 years, so were makingthe extra effort to put together a show that people wont forget for a long timeto come. Were really looking forward to seeing all our fans and of courseseeing all the old faces too”

I can't wait. Troublegum is one of my favourite albums still. But I hope they don't play too much of the newer stuff.

Anyone here going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

thats this friday?!?! gah, i thought was ages away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I may go, working tonight, wed & thurs, off fri and back in Sat so won't make a decision till fri afternoon, see hows i feel.

Should be a great gig though

Yeah, read reviews of their last few gigs and have been pretty great. I need to rock out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Yeah, read reviews of their last few gigs and have been pretty great. I need to rock out :D

One of my mates saw them recently, he said they were as tight as a nun's knickers.
    I,for one,cannot wait for this.
    To finally hear songs like Hellbelly,Femtex and Brainsaw live is going to be one to remember.
    Hah, I wonder will he sing You Are My Sunshine. I'd actually bet that he would.Well, the crowd no doubt will.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Yeah headin to this meself cant wait for it should be a great gig :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Is that just the Dublin gig or all of them does anyone know - Have tickets to one of the Dutch Dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I posted a thread on this a month or more ago and nobody picked up on it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Old Therapy? albums are hard to get in the stores these days. All this talk of the Troublegum gig has made me want to replace my old cassettes of Nurse/Troublegum/Infernal Love but I can't seem to find them anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

just get the new live album!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Been listening to nothing but Troublegum for about two weeks now in preparation..bring it on!! \../0.o\../

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Can’t wait for tonight, got tickets for the balcony in Block F. Was wondering if anyone has been up there for a gig? Troublegum is a decent album, I'd give it a solid 7. Was watching there gig from Brixton which MTV filmed, savage performance. Fyfe Ewing should rightly reclaim his throne. Praying they play Opal Mantra and Potato Junkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

IT'S TONIGHT!!! WOO!!! :cool:

ROCK! YOU MONKEYS!!!

I cant wait! I'm goin in straight from work, already sporting my T? teeshirt! C'MON!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

With any luck I'll make it tonight, will be a dry one for me though - been laid up all bloody week, just back in work today, so hopefully won't have a relapse later..........Troublegum is class, so have been looking forward to this gig for a few months now......

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Seen the two gigs in Cork a few weeks back and you are in for a class night. Lots of oldies that haven't been dusted off for years were played.

They also played one new track on the sunday night gig...

For nights like this only reason i miss Ireland/Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

had a ball last night, feeling that good after being sick is always great :-)
    brilliant to hear Troublegum live, and could have stayed there all night........will definitely hit their next Dublin gig......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Ah, count me jealous, I would usually never miss a Therapy gig.... and the only album they have tighter than Troublegum is their live one, Socophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Was a fúcking ball last night. Crappy pints in vicar street and the merch guy ripping me off aside, hearing troublegum from start to finish was epic. \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

This gig was epic. Managed to get back stage and meet the band after.

Great to hear Troublegum played straight through, some good old songs. I'd have liked to here more from crooked timber.

Some good political commentary too...

Advertisement