Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed dating Events

Options
  • 02-11-2010 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Myself and some friends are thinking about trying this, i know they do have events in the skeff, anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

Speed Divorce .... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Googling "galway speed dating" brings up a fair few hits, did you try that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Blusher

treid it, only a load of links to the same page really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

^ Here's some type of a Single's Event taking place in conjunction with Today FM; ---> Pear Up With Bulmers Pear Night.
    - When I say some type I don't know if it's got anything to do with Speed-dating lol! But ya never know, might be worth a look! ;):D

* GetOut offers Speed-dating and lists other similar Events available, but most are in Dublin.
    * MysteryDates offers Speed-dating, Lunch-Dates, Dinner-dating, Singles Parties, Mystery Tours, a Singles Parents Section, and a personalized Matchmaking Service. Again, most are in Dublin.
    * ClickDating offers Speed-dating, but again most are in Dublin.
    * DreamDate offers Speed-dating, but yet again most are in Dublin.
    * And finally, TheGalwayFlame offers Speed-dating in Donegal, Dublin, Limerick, Mayo, and Galway. Yayyyy!!!!

* One other which does be regularly listed in the Social & Personal Section in the Classifieds Section in the Galway Advertiser Newspaper, is; ---> AnamCaraGroup; - A Singles Social / Friendship Group based in Galway City, that arranges organized Meet-ups and Get-togethers in Galway. I think this is mainly geared towards the more advanced in years though, and the widowed community, but just another suggestion.

~ If I'm not mistaken, I'm nearly sure there was a Pub around Galway City, don't think it was the Skeff, which ran their own Speed-date Nights on a regular weekly or monthly basis, last year or the year before, but I just can't remember who it was. Actually would it have been one of the newer Hotels maybe ..... I can't remember who it was anyway.

~ Would love to know why you're not interested in going to the ones in the Skeff? Have you tried there before or what? Have thought of going to these things before, and it would be nice to have a few to go along with lol, plus I always seem to have the idea in my mind that there's only going to be people there that are much much older than me lol, but from looking at photos of these Events, they seem to have fairly average passable-looking middle-aged people there too lol! :D And actually I was just thinking about it again yesterday as it happens, and I've pretty much come to the realisation that if I want to go, I just have to go on my own, and just fcuking do it!!

** Disclaimer: I do not work for or have any associations with either Bulmers or Today FM, or any of the Websites or Media detailed. I am not promoting these Events, merely advising as information, in response to Thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Blusher

^
    ~ Would love to know why you're not interested in going to the ones in the Skeff? Have you tried there before or what? Have thought of going to these things before, and it would be nice to have a few to go along with lol, plus I always seem to have the idea in my mind that there's only going to be people there that are much much older than me lol, but from looking at photos of these Events, they seem to have fairly average passable-looking middle-aged people there too lol! :D And actually I was just thinking about it again yesterday as it happens, and I've pretty much come to the realisation that if I want to go, I just have to go on my own, and just fcuking do it!!
    :)

I just think the ones in the Skeff have a very broad age group and while i understand that you'll come across people of all ages at these things and we were only going to go for a laugh i wouldnt like it if the whole thing ended up with people on the higher end of the age bracket i'd feel a bit uncomfortable then. I dunno could i go on my own, id like to have a bit of support there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

singles nite tonight in kellys in conjunction with bulmers pear
    http://www.facebook.com/bulmerspear?v=app_121653737888260

anyone goin?

I am, but don't herself ;)

How'd you get on Biko?!?!
    :D:eek::P

Nah, I was only messing
    Speed dating seems too rushed somehow.

biko wrote: »
    Nah, I was only messing
    Speed dating seems too rushed somehow.

Think there could be a hint in it's name, biko. Heh.

I went to one of these that was held in Bodkins bar out by Merlin Park, as part of a fundraising event for a friend's college course and it was a good bit of fun, but you might have to put up with a few weirdos 'til you get to the person worth talking to.

• Advertisement

Ya big messer Biko and here was I thinkin' you'd arrive back with a full progress report tsk tsk ......
    :D:rolleyes::p

Am thinking of going to one of these but not feeling very brave! :pac::confused:

Advertisement