Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

starcraft, broodwar and insurection!

• 02-11-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

so with all the hype over SC2, starcraft 1 has been ignored lately.

anyone else still enjoy playing the odd game?

I was bored over the mid term, so i installed it, and went through the campaign again. loved every second of it, so i decided to play through broodwar and insurection again too :)

anyone else like the original?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

The bw games are still damn good to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Haven't played since about 3 months after BW was released.... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bought both games on release, nver played an online game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Still watchin some BW but not half as much as I used to. Alot of that has to do with my favourite commentators not doing commentaries any more though, and I suppose the fact that I watch alot of SC2 as it is. I miss Klazart & Cholera :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Funky wrote: »
    I miss Klazart & Cholera :(

I'd forgotten about Klazart. Although I checked his youtube channel there and this was up on it

KlazartSC I'm not sure if everyone has noticed but Jon747's account is gone, deleted by youtube due to claims of copyright infringement by "Gretech," the company to which I believe blizzard has sold rights to Pro Starcraft in Korea. This is a sad day and I'm deeply disappointed that Blizzard would allow this kind of thing to happen to someone who has been an institution and pillar of the starcraft community and helped introduce countless new fans to the world of pro starcraft...

KlazartSC To add: I imagine it won't be long before this account and perhaps other commentators also face the same fate. I suppose that is the price for progress. So I just wanted to say it now in case this account gets suddenly deleted by youtube and I don't get another chance to say it.

It's been a hell of a ride guys. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
    (2 weeks ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'd forgotten about Klazart. Although I checked his youtube channel there and this was up on it

KlazartSC I'm not sure if everyone has noticed but Jon747's account is gone, deleted by youtube due to claims of copyright infringement by "Gretech," the company to which I believe blizzard has sold rights to Pro Starcraft in Korea. This is a sad day and I'm deeply disappointed that Blizzard would allow this kind of thing to happen to someone who has been an institution and pillar of the starcraft community and helped introduce countless new fans to the world of pro starcraft...

KlazartSC To add: I imagine it won't be long before this account and perhaps other commentators also face the same fate. I suppose that is the price for progress. So I just wanted to say it now in case this account gets suddenly deleted by youtube and I don't get another chance to say it.

It's been a hell of a ride guys. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
    (2 weeks ago)

He also has this up:
    I have retired from the world of e-sports commentary. I hope you guys have enjoyed the vods I've put up thus far, but this was always a labour of love that some day had to end. Today, sadly, is that day.

My purpose in beginning commentaries was to fill the void that was left by the lack of English related starcraft content. This gap has not only filled but recently, the cup runeth.

I'll never say never, I've quit in the past only to find the allure of starcraft e-sports and it's ensemble of brilliant characters too strong to resist, but it feels pretty final this time.

This is Klazart, thanks for listening.

Starcraft vods with English Commentary

Major thanks to Baezzi and Zatic for supplying the original vods!

Advertisement