Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double decker BE / bus eireann

Options
  • 02-11-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

did i see one in galway and why there no on it , So this frist for the city then ( not including the tour companys

when it going two be full ? 8- 9 and 5 - 6 ( that if out there at that time ... )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where did you see it?
    What colour was it?
    Did it have a estate name or a number on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

extraice wrote: »
    did i see one in galway and why there no on it , So this frist for the city then ( not including the tour companys

when it going two be full ? 8- 9 and 5 - 6 ( that if out there at that time ... )

Where and when did you see it?

First lately. But there were some until quite recently (the 80s or somesuch, according to a correction that one of the papers printed a week after the original political announcement).

I reckon it would be full on route 9 from town any time between 4 and 6pm. And it would be worth having just for the sake of those times. But they do need more people to start buying weekly/monthly tickets, to speed up loading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

It passed me by today at 1:15pm, white BE Double Decker, "Out Of Service" written on her, im around town tomorrow so if i see it il snap a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Probably doing test runs to make sure it gets around Galway corners/roundabouts/drunken hijackers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya i saw it out at dunnes in Briarhill.

There was a driver and another guy standing up front in a bus drivers uniform.

As above poster said they were probably testing it out to make sure the planned routes are suitable for it.

Eg No low hanging branches or badly placed signs.
    corners and roundabouts.
    handling on some of galways questionable roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Never be the same as these old buses they were lovely.

EyreSquareBus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

why so much ado about the "new" double decker services,:confused::confused:

we had double decker buses in galway in the late 70s /early 80s which were replaced by extra single deckers which were supposed to increase the frequency of services ??

the more things change the more they stay the same:cool:

westgolf

Advertisement