Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't play battlefield bc2 online, any ideas?!

Options
  • 02-11-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Just got battlefield bc2, but cant play online. when I click on one of the servers I get the message "connection to the game server has been lost, please check your connection and try again". Reading other posts this game seems to be causing awful problems online, no wonder it was goin cheap! Updated punkbuster, tried turning off the firewall, and have not a clue what else to do. Help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

prem wrote: »
    Just got battlefield bc2, but cant play online. when I click on one of the servers I get the message "connection to the game server has been lost, please check your connection and try again". Reading other posts this game seems to be causing awful problems online, no wonder it was goin cheap! Updated punkbuster, tried turning off the firewall, and have not a clue what else to do. Help greatly appreciated.

What ISP are you with ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a large of amount of files to patch to get it current. Has the auto updater ran completely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 prem

with eircom, it definitely updated, took ages first time I was starting the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

with eircom, it definitely updated, took ages first time I was starting the game.

Turn off the firewall on the Eircom supplied modem/router, it's known to interfere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 prem

Thanks very much spear, that was the problem, all workin now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Spear wrote: »
    Turn off the firewall on the Eircom supplied modem/router, it's known to interfere.
    That or just forward the ports. See http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/3347W/Battlefield_Bad_Company_2.htm

Advertisement