Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recovering earlier saved versions of MS documents

• 02-11-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Anyone care to save me two further hours of work this evening with a solution to the above? Powerpoint - opened, extensively edited, and subsequently overwritten.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have you closed the file yet. ... MS applications save hidden temp files while you are working on the file (until you close it) ... But if you've close it (which you probably have at this stage) then I think this is of no use. If the file is still open you could also use Office's multiple undo features..

I take it that you have inadvertently overwritten a good file with an empty file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Had a quick google.. You could also try..
    Recovering a file that has been overwritten in Windows Vista:
    * Open Windows Explorer
    * Navigate to the folder where the file you would like to recover resides.
    * Right Click on the file you would like to recover
    * Select Properties
    * Click on the “Previous Versions” tab
    * Select the version you would like to restore.
    * Click Restore. If you select Copy, it will prompt you for a location to restore the file to. This will allow you to retain the original in case you restore an incorrect version.

Other people have had success using this program...
    Shadow Explorer

A long shot would also be to do a system restore but this would depend on exactly when you had LAST edited the file.. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

I think System restore leaves data files untouched, it's more system files

Advertisement