Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campsites in Ireland/Open all Year

Options
  • 02-11-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Anybody know which Campsites remain open year round in Ireland. Would like to get away for a few weekends between now and March. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Battle Bridge in Leitrim. Very mixed reviews on it. Like it or loathe it. Good pub on site, muddy place for camping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

hi sarzy,
    im new to this so please forgive me if i get at wrong but will try my best! (its my first post)
    a few campsites open all year that spring to mind is
    camac valley dublin,
    glen of aherlow co tipp (there long weekend and highly recommend it)
    cong in co mayo,
    berehaven castletownbere co kerry,
    o riardons roscarbery co cork,
    hope this is a bit of help to you,

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Woodlands Tralee is open weekends only with limited facilities, according to owner - they advise to contact them first.

corkbuoy

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Wave Crest Caherdaniel Co. Kerry is staying open this year (Our Favourite site in Ireland):D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Tollymore, at Bryansford near Newcastle Northern Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Thanks for your help. I phoned Woodlands Tralee last night and they are open for the weekend with reduced facilities, (no hot water) but inc hook-up and all other facilities at a great rate per night IMO.

Cheers and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

There's also Bayview in Salthill, part of O'Hallorans Camping Parks. Bayview opens all year, O'Hallorans for the Spring / Summer / Autumn season only.

Great for weekends in Galway with limited view of Galway Bay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

corkbuoy wrote: »
    Woodlands Tralee is open weekends only with limited facilities, according to owner - they advise to contact them first.

corkbuoy

I stayed there over the Bank Holiday and thought it was excellent and location wise, it is brilliant. It is very close to the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Does anyone know of any campsite near Aillwee caves Co.Clare that is open this weekend.
    Preferably on the Galway side but not too fussy.
    Thanks.

Kevin
    www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Gypsyrose

As motorhomers from Wales, coming over to Ireland in a few weeks, I have found this post very helpful!! We have struggled to find many sites open Dec/Jan!!

However, another one is Mannix Point, Caherciveen, Co Kerry. Although officially closed, the owner will open up if you make arrangements in advance. So we have been told anyway, this may help anyone looking for a site in that area. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Found this one on 2010 guide open at weekends november to march.
    treegrovecamping.com near Kilkenny with cycle track into town .
    1.5 k to town.

Hope to get to this one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Hi spotted parsons green is open all year , its very near to Clogheen village they have farm animals etc and two or three pubs in the village and a decent supermarket. I Think its a great spot was there the last weekend of october .

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

just bumping this up to see if anyone knows of anymore - need to get away for a few days before head explodes!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

we stayed in that place in Leitrim called Battlebridge - it was very good, no problems
    I think it's called Beirne's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

camper guy wrote: »
    Hi spotted parsons green is open all year , its very near to Clogheen village they have farm animals etc and two or three pubs in the village and a decent supermarket. I Think its a great spot was there the last weekend of october .

Great thread this- gonna give this place a ring tomorrow!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

Parsons Green is a brilliant site we're actually going down next weekend for bank holiday looking forward to it already

Advertisement