Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Wants Some Kyuss?

Options
  • 02-11-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

Holy mother of mercy they touring Europe next March April. Bruno takes the place of Josh on guitar. He be the lad who played the Garcia Plays Kyuss tour. Other members are John Garcia, Brant Bjork and Nick Oliveri.

Ok, we all know how awesome Andrews Lane Theatre was last May....now it could involve 3 full members. Please say it plays here. English dates as follows:

31-03-11 UK Nottingham Rock City
    01-04-11 UK Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall
    02-04-11 UK London The Forum
    04-04-11 UK Glasgow ABC1
    05-04-11 UK Manchester Academy
    06-04-11 UK Bristol Academy

Amsterdam and Athens have also been announced, so lets hope an Irish date appears. Should if last visit is anything to go by.

Comments

Trip to the Dam would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Trip to the Dam would be nice :)

I could not contemplate going there for them! They have to do an Irish date after last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148693

Mar. 11 - Bergen, Norway @ Rökeriet
    Mar. 12 - Oslo, Norway @ Rockefeller
    Mar. 13 - Stockholm, Sweden @ Debaser Medis
    Mar. 15 - Hamburg, Germany @ Docks
    Mar. 16 - Berlin, Germany @ Columbia Halle
    Mar. 17 - Saarbrücken, Germany @ Garage
    Mar. 18 - Basel, Switzerland @ Z7
    Mar. 19 - München, Bayern, Germany @ Backstage Werk
    Mar. 20 - Budapest, Hungary @ Gödör
    Mar. 22 - Vienna, Austria @ Arena
    Mar. 23 - Milan, Italy, @ Live Club
    Mar. 24 - Frankfurt, Germany @ Hugenottenhalle
    Mar. 25 - Paris, France @ Elysee Montmartre
    Mar. 26 - Athens, Greece @ Fuss Club
    Mar. 27 - Brussels, Belgium @ AB
    Mar. 28 - Cologne, Germany @ Live Music Hall
    Mar. 29 - Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Paradiso
    Mar. 31 - Nottingham, ., United Kingdom @ Rock City
    Apr. 01 - Wolverhampton, United Kingdom @ Wulfrun Hall
    Apr. 02 - London, United Kingdom @ The Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh how sweet would it be for them to come! The Academy/Whelans would do a lovely job of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Wheres that Darkside events fella?! Book these lads up now!

• Advertisement

Surely they are working on it! Lets try and contact them for some encouragement.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=223517033432

Iv just commented on the page and a girly had done the same a few days ago, bombard them with want!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Oh yes....Garcia is God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=223517033432

Iv just commented on the page and a girly had done the same a few days ago, bombard them with want!

Fixed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Frei

Glad to see I'm not the only one almost wetting myself with excitement. 'Dam tickets go on sale this Saturday :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Darkside events

KEEP THE FAITH LADS FOR DUBLIN SHOW I HAVE PASSED ON INFO TO THEM ABOUT OTHER PROMOTERS SO HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE OVER AS THEY WANT TO PLAY HERE ,
    IM JUST NOT IN A POSITION TO DO THIS ANYMORE PITY WOULD HAVE BEEN A BLAST ! ILL JUST HAVE TO GET WRECKED AND ROCK OUT NOW
    NO STRESS :D

KEEP YOUR EYE ON METALIRELAND GIG DISSCUSSION AS DME MIGHT BE DOING THE GIG BUT IF I HEAR ANYTHING ILL POST IT UP .

Darkside dude, I love you and all, I'll always be grateful GPK and Brant Bjork, but Jesus man... Why do you have to type in caps? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Missed the last one....pretty freaked....would love to see this lineup, but I don't think the ceramic hen kittty in the middle of the kitchen table will let me travel to see them :(

But if I get 6 numbers or even a bit of over time I'd be heading for Glasga, ya ken?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Goin be metalireland this aint looking likely to hit irish shores .fecking pity

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I would have liked to have seen them but it ain't Kyuss til Homme is back with them.

John wrote: »
    I would have liked to have seen them but it ain't Kyuss til Homme is back with them.
    Not at all! Homme is just an equal to John, Scott, Nick and Brant in my opinion. But it's John who makes that band for me.

But also according to Metal Ireland they could be around in June, as they're thinking of doing the rounds of the European Summer Festivals. Light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully... Would be awesome if it happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Nailz wrote: »
    But also according to Metal Ireland they could be around in June, as they're thinking of doing the rounds of the European Summer Festivals. Light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully... Would be awesome if it happens!

Cool.

But any thoughts on what festival they would play in Ireland???

I know I'm being an ol' cnut here, but I'd rather they didn't play here at all rather than having them lower themselves to playing to 150 people at pOxegyn :mad:

oldscoil wrote: »
    Cool.

But any thoughts on what festival they would play in Ireland???

I know I'm being an ol' cnut here, but I'd rather they didn't play here at all rather than having them lower themselves to playing to 150 people at pOxegyn :mad:

Don't think that'd ever happen. Travel abroad seems only option to see them. Also, I think Nailz meant they may play their own gig over here while rtavelling doing festivals. Hellfest had them last year, maybe that again. And then whatever major rock/metal fest over that time doesn't book them are just plain out idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Not at all! Homme is just an equal to John, Scott, Nick and Brant in my opinion. But it's John who makes that band for me.

You see, it's not one person that makes the band for me. It was all four (swap Oliveri/Reeder in as applicable) who made it the band. If it was some random bass player, drummer or singer, I'd still feel the same way. All their playing was very distinctive, to substitute someone else in doesn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Kyuss was all about the riffs for me, that mix of loud/quiet parts. There always seemed to be more 'space' than usual in the mix, almost like it was recorded outdoors or something. Hommes guitar sounded huge and psychadelic, I think he used bass cabinets instead of regular guitar cabs to maximise the bass frequencies. I love the way the drummer seems to float the cymbals on top of everything too, instead of being bogged down under the guitar and bass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Would love to see them.

Den_M wrote: »
    Kyuss was all about the riffs for me, that mix of loud/quiet parts. There always seemed to be more 'space' than usual in the mix, almost like it was recorded outdoors or something. Hommes guitar sounded huge and psychadelic, I think he used bass cabinets instead of regular guitar cabs to maximise the bass frequencies. I love the way the drummer seems to float the cymbals on top of everything too, instead of being bogged down under the guitar and bass.
    That's right, he used bass cabs. But I think the Kyuss sound was a collective, I can't honestly complain with the riffs though, but to me they were just part of the sound the whole band created. But Homme is top notch.

I thought when John played here earlier this year they were unreal, my face was melted regardless of the fact that John was the only Kyuss member onstage. I have no doubt in my mind that everyone who attended will agree...

........the face melting may have actually been due to the sweltering heat in that bleedin sweat box :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jem_

Despite adding European tour dates for festivals over the summer like they promised, no date for Ireland, well fuck it. Looks like I'm going to have to go to Hellfest.

I'm hoping they get added to Sonisphere....its increasingly likely they will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

I thought when John played here earlier this year they were unreal, my face was melted regardless of the fact that John was the only Kyuss member onstage. I have no doubt in my mind that everyone who attended will agree...

........the face melting may have actually been due to the sweltering heat in that bleedin sweat box :pac:
    I attended. I agree. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tommy666

http://team.sonispherefestivals.com/s.php?t=10&m=235 the sonisphere line up is awesome this year :) many bands to be added

Sonisphere in the UK this year is okay I guess, although, having said that, Saturday can go **** itself.

Hellfest is where to be this year, it has a stupidly good line up - including Kyuss!

• Advertisement

People should click the link in my sig;-) The saturday is great for me.....Weeeeeeeezeeeeer! I fully expect Kyuss on that day

Advertisement