Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters for previous tenants

Options
  • 02-11-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

What do people normally do with them? Throw them out? Give them to the landlord? Could people still be using the address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How long has the previous tenant been gone? Do you have a forwarding address?
    I had a forwarding address and for about 6 months, would cross out my address, write in their new address and put the letter in a green postbox. I know they got the mail that way. After that, I threw mail out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

I get a fair bit of post for previous tenants, some who have been gone for years.

From anpost.ie

If you are receiving mail for someone else, please let us know and we will try and resolve it.

Solution: Return the item to us.

* Mark the item ‘Return to sender’ and put it into a Post Box.
    * If it is convenient, please help us by putting it through the correct letterbox. If this happens frequently, please let us know and we will try to resolve it.
    * You can re-post the item in a Post Box, or give it to your Postperson
    * If you are a business, we can send out an An Post Postperson to collect bags of mail.

There may have been a previous occupant at the address who has not redirected their mail or changed their address.

By law we have to deliver the mail to the stated address (not the named person).

By law only the person named on an item of mail is allowed open it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i return all mine to sender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

silja wrote: »
    How long has the previous tenant been gone? Do you have a forwarding address?
    I had a forwarding address and for about 6 months, would cross out my address, write in their new address and put the letter in a green postbox. I know they got the mail that way. After that, I threw mail out.

no forwarding address never met them and from what i hear i think they left before anyone knew they were gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

silja wrote: »
    After that, I threw mail out.
    Its illegal to interfere with someone else's post.

Mark it "return to sender" and stick it in a post box.

• Advertisement
Advertisement