Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards' working definition of racism, sexism.

Options
  • 02-11-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

Does Boards have working definitions of racism and sexism?

(Thread seemed at home in both Help Desk or Feedback but opted for here since it was a query).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I guess that would depend on what you mean by "working definitions".

Will we give people a clear, precise definition which they can then use to rules-lawyer by arguing that something is or isn't against that rule? No, we're not. In that sense...no, we don't have a working definition.

We do have channels for people to report content they see as objectionable. When someone raises a concern about material being racist or sexist, do we ask ourselves "I wonder what we mean by racism / sexism" each time? No, we don't. In that sense, we clearly do have a working definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

By 'working definition' I mean, I guess, a document of some sort that outlines what racism and sexism are as far as Boards.ie is concerned so as it can be consistent in recognising those things.

How would you define Racism and Sexism, Bonkey?

Advertisement