Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulted in thread, complained - then banned?

Options
  • 02-11-2010 11:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I was accused of Racism in the US Politics forum, and infracted for my rebuttal to the poster who insulted me. I then complained to the moderator in-thread (in an open transparent manner, to show others How I was treated) and was infracted again. I am now subsequently banned for two days from the Forum.

Is it boards policy to tolerate defaming and libellous comments like this be made against other users? As a boards user I want whats best for the website and while there is no "freedom of speech" per say, it appears that with the poor moderation in play I do hope that this poor quality moderation does not turn into "freedom to defame". All it would take is one p8ssed off individual with too much money and time on their hands to get uppity with lawsuits and stuff. Luckily I have a tougher skin than this and when mud is flung at me I usually fling it back, and as my father once said, Son the lord gave us two ears, in one ear, out the other side.

Get your moderation toghether before some moron jepordises the whole site.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Shouldn't be discussing moderation in thread tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

yep there are some plonker moderators floating around thats forsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Shouldn't be discussing moderation in thread tbh
    ^ This. Schoolboy error.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yup, what they said ^.
    You should have sent the mod a friendly PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Baiscally as Aidan_Walsh has put it.
    I then complained to the moderator in-thread (in an open transparent manner, to show others How I was treated) and was infracted again. I am now subsequently banned for two days from the Forum.

On-thread fighting/arguing about moderation action has never, ever, been acceptable behavior on boards.ie

What you may see as open and transparent others see as selfishly dragging a constructive thread off-topic.

I'm sorry you were banned on election night, because I would have appreciated you clarifying some of your views, but those rules have always been in place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Stinicker, the rules on the US Politics forum are quite clear, if you have an issue with a post, report it, do not respond to the post in question.

If you wish to dispute the action further, please use the Dispute Resolution forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement