Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options
  • 03-11-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Bring him in asap and tear up his contract.
    Make him the best paid player in the clubs history.
    He is the future of the club...hopefully.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

He's the heart of every single attack we make, I'm only dreading He'll get poached if We don't win anything

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

your dam right money should be no object in keeping him dont forget he is only 21:eek:

its time to spend like the big boys and keep our best players in all fairness with him, luca , vdv , lennon , ect we should have no problem getting top class players in

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

If we qualify from the group, he definitely won't move in January - he would be cup-tied for the CL so it wouldn't make any sense

He also strikes me as a guy that genuinely loves the game and just wants to be happy where he is. With the hero worship that he (rightfully) gets, we might have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If he were to go either in January or next summer, what price would you guys put on him?

I'm a Utd fan and think that a P/X deal of 25mill (STG) & Carrick would get him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Scud...I'm a man utd fan..and that's an insult. (to spurs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

scudzilla wrote: »
    If he were to go either in January or next summer, what price would you guys put on him?

:eek: Not a penny under 45 million. And yeh can leave yer rubbish players out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

emmm, no it wouldnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

In fact im gonna post again and say no where near, my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

VdV is class, but great to see the boy Bale in action. He's something else! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I'm a Utd fan and think that a P/X deal of 25mill (STG) & Carrick would get him[/QUOTE

Where are united going to get all this money from anyway, Spurs have more spending power than them right now. Only club who could afford him would be City, but this kid is a good kid and i reckon he knows where he is loved and appreciated and is truly a star player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

bale wont go anywhere in january. he will want to see out this year at spurs but next summer is very dangerous for us. all the european clubs will be in with huge money offers. levy will be watering at the mouth but its possible that if given the choice bale wont want to leave england as he really is just a home boy who loves english football. he would be too lonely in italy / spain

sure when harry gave him a few days off he went back to cardiff to see his mum and dad. none of this dubai 7 star hotel stuff and being in front page of the sun for being pissed etc

he is ryan giggs except he already has the discipline that giggs has now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I don't think he'll go in January TBH he would be mad to even consider it. However, come the summer IMHO he's out of here, our only hope is like what's been said is to break the bank and pay him insane money.

You wouldn't know though two world class performances against one of the worlds beat teams he must be happy at least.

A decent run in Europe and a top 4 or even 5/6 going the distance he might stay on.

In any event u wouldn't take a penny under 50m

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Does anyone know what kind of money Bale is on at the moment?

I know he only signed a new contract a few months ago but I have no idea if he is up there with the high earners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Does anyone know what kind of money Bale is on at the moment?

With the wage cap we have, I'd say he's on no more than €40-€50k a week. Could be wrong though

markesmith wrote: »
    With the wage cap we have, I'd say he's on no more than €40-€50k a week. Could be wrong though

I'm fairly sure its around 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

The boy seems very down to earth and I believe that as along as we keep progressing he won't be rocking the boat any time soon. Doesn't seem like the sort to go chasing the money. A footballer to be proud of!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

get him to sign a new contract,with a buy out clause of at least 50-60 million!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

fabvinny wrote: »
    get him to sign a new contract,with a buy out clause of at least 50-60 million!!!

Are you mad? That means we would be willing to let him go, I wouldn't have any buyout clause in the contract whatsoever!! Otherwise as soon as its signed, whoever wants him can get him for 50mil, whereas other case scenario being if we were to let him go at least let a bidding war ensue!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

THFC wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure its around 50k.

read the other day that he is on 30k basic with goal bonuses etc

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

A couple of classic Bale moments from Inter game :)

gareth-bale-merkage_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

gareth-bale-vs-inter_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

mickman wrote: »
    read the other day that he is on 30k basic with goal bonuses etc

I actually heard that too somewhere, but then a few days ago I was reading something on BBC I think and it said 55k a week since his last contract. I'll try and get a link the next time I see something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

As a lukewarm football fan - I am adoring Gareth Bale. I am watching Spurs matches to see what he does next. I am addicted to those runs he makes up the pitch. Does he not realise he is meant to be a defender rather than a striker !!!!! It is good to see him play so well.

The worse part of it is, I lukewarmly support a rival club.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7Pfs

Surprise inclusion, nice to see him get it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

This young lad has he world at his feet at the moment.. But if Sours keep playing the attacking football and keep progressing.. Bale will stay. Every goal he scores he celebrates with the aul love heart! He loves Spurs and Spurs love him!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7Pfs

Surprise inclusion, nice to see him get it all the same.

Strange putting him down as a left back though since he's not great there!

L'prof wrote: »
    Strange putting him down as a left back though since he's not great there!

Ya, it was more about accomodating him I'd say. It would be very hard to take some one else out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ya, it was more about accomodating him I'd say. It would be very hard to take some one else out.

You couldn't take anyone else out, surely there's a better left back around though? Not that it really matters either way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

From Sky Sports
    Gareth Bale's Italian agent insists three Serie A outfits are interested in signing the Spurs ace - but only Real Madrid could land him in January.
    The Welsh wizard's stock has risen considerably this season after a number of scintillating displays, including a hat-trick against Inter Milanspacer.gif at the Giuseppe Meazza.spacer.gif
    Agent Peppino Tirri says Juventus,spacer.gifAC Milanspacer.gif and Inter - as well as Real Madridspacer.gif - are interested in the 21-year-old.
    But, while he believes 'there are high chances' Bale will move to Italy one day, Tirri does not think a deal will be done in January.
    Confirm interest

The agent told ilsussidiario.net: "I confirm the interest of Juventus for Bale, the Bianconeri are trying to bring him to Italy but not in January, in June.
    "AC Milanspacer.gif and Inter Milan too have shown interest in the Welsh player, partly because he would like to play in Italy in the near future. There are high chances that it can happen.
    "Also, Real Madrid are seriously trying, (Jose) Mourinho has his eye on him and the Spanish club would be the only one who can take Bale in January."
    Spurs boss Harry Redknappspacer.gif has previously stated Bale is not for sale as the Londoners push for glory in both the Premier League and UEFA Champions League.

Advertisement