Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

AVB interview on SSN

AVB confirms not in for osvaldo, interest in Willian but won't comment out of respect (ie we want him) and bale has fitness test today to see if he can play on Thursday

Interesting. Said yesterday that bale was out until September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Edited my post above, I just listened to the interview, he doesn't say play on Thur, he says included in squad to travel

Here's the transcript:

'He's available for selection as he's included in the UEFA team, but he's not available because of injury'

Reporter: 'Has Gareth Bale played his last game for the club?'

'No, not at that moment. The player is at a clearing session today. Hopefully if everything goes well the player will be involved and we will have other news on the player in the future'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

"'No, not at that moment. The player is at a clearing session today. Hopefully if everything goes well the player will be involved and we will have other news on the player in the future' " - sounds positive ?

It's all up and down but I'm still convinced RM can't come up with the cash. When Utd demanded the 80m fee for Ronaldo, they struggled to raise it, several banks including Santander refused them so a Spanish bank agreed in the end. This same Spanish bank is in serious difficulty now as are all Spanish banks and Real are €600m in debt.

I'm secretly hoping he does go, so we can get Willian, Lamela, Erikson and Contrao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

It's all up and down but I'm still convinced RM can't come up with the cash. When Utd demanded the 80m fee for Ronaldo, they struggled to raise it, several banks including Santander refused them so a Spanish bank agreed in the end. This same Spanish bank is in serious difficulty now as are all Spanish banks and Real are €600m in debt.

I'm secretly hoping he does go, so we can get Willian, Lamela, Erikson and Contrao.

There's no way we'd buy Willian, Lamela AND Eriksen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

What's a clearing session anyway? Haven't heard that term before.

I for one am hoping he stays. But those players would be great if he did leave. Well one or two of them, don't see us getting three even if he does leave.

It's a light training session for someone who's injured
    Ormus wrote: »
    There's no way we'd buy Willian, Lamela AND Eriksen

Two of those three would do nicely, with Coentrao

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

It's a light training session for someone who's injured

Two of those three would do nicely, with Coentrao

Okay fair enough, thanks. Thought that would have been what he was doing, but maybe he wasn't even fit enough for that up till now.

Latest ITK sayin Bale is staying. not a word from Madrid now, it gone all quiet. We in for Willian, Utd in for him too. Willian wants Spurs, his agent is pushing Pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

One of the better reads I've had regarding the Bale saga.

http://theboyhotspur.com/9-oclocker-the-bale-update/

Latest ITK from someone in aviation business that private jet to Spain chartered by Barnett for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Seeing all this talk of willian,lamela etc makes me think that he's gone for def.
    But instead of trying to hold off madrid we are in fact doing the right thing by getting in his replacements before he actually leaves the club.
    I expect once we sign our targets then he'll be allowed to leave.
    Once again this is great business by Levy.

Mixed ITK's today, lots saying RM have till fri to come up with 40m in cash but they've gone all quiet. Have made an offer but not gone any further on it. The club want him to go to be done with it but there's a high probability he will stay.

I've just put a score on him staying, it's at 6:1 on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This doesn't say much, except for we're not spending the Bale money. Though it's hard to see Bale not leaving if Willian and Lamela come in?

Who: The Goat
    When: 21st August
    Where: SC

The Goat is hearing that as of 9am today, there is categorically no Bale deal in place.

As things stand today, financially, there is not likely to be one in the immediate future.

Will Bale get his game if Lamela and Willian sign? :)

More itk from the goat
    The Goat is hearing that as of 9am today, there is categorically no Bale deal in place.

As things stand today, financially, there is not likely to be one in the immediate future.

Marca haven't printed a single word about Bale since the 17th, they've suddenly gone all quiet. I've a nice little earner if this comes off, it's now gone to 7/1 on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I obviously really hope we keep him, because if we do, a forward trio of Bale Soldado and Willian would be great, but I just can't see it. If we sign Lamela, we'll have Bale Lamela Willian & Soldado :D uncle Joe is winding us up surely

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I obviously really hope we keep him, because if we do, a forward trio of Bale Soldado and Willian would be great, but I just can't see it. If we sign Lamela, we'll have Bale Lamela Willian & Soldado :D uncle Joe is winding us up surely

A few ITK's say we'll only get Lamela if Bale goes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Reports from The Guardian transfer blog (who are more reliable than most places) are saying that Arsenal are trying to hijack the Lamela deal. Willian is pretty much done from what I'm hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A few ITK's say we'll only get Lamela if Bale goes

I'd rather keep Bale. Hope the goons don't sneak Lamela though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I'm starting to think Bales head could be on the fence now.
    He could be thinking all these players are being brought in as promised and all the pressure will be off me...

or

I wont be the most important player in the squad anymore and am replaceable. I'm off.

If he goes to Real he'll have a tougher job of staying in the team. Look at Modric

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I really hope we get Lamela. Honestly never heard of him until recently but I've read and watched a lot of stuff and the guy is an unbelievable prospect. He will make arsenal so much stronger if they get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I really hope we get Lamela. Honestly never heard of him until recently but I've read and watched a lot of stuff and the guy is an unbelievable prospect. He will make arsenal so much stronger if they get him.

Couldn't agree more, but since I've heard his name I've been very interested. He's a very good replacement for Bale. It would be crushing if Arsenal got Lamela and Bale went to RM. A worrying nightmare.

Have the salt ready

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson
    2m
    Report: All that remains to complete #Bale transfer to Real is for Spurs to agree personal terms with Coentrao http://gu.com/p/3t7x2/tw #thfc

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
    3m

Tottenham STILL to agree Bale deal with Real Madrid #RMCF #THFC --> http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/289

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ah jayzus, another 2 weeks of has he/hasn't he, will he/won't he, Have they the money or not.

Sweet baby Jesus - Just sign Willian and/or Lamela and sell Bale and be done with it!

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1 m
    The Bale deal will confirmed in the next few hours

Paul O Keefe @pokeefe1 1m
    Looks like we might have an end in sight to the Bale saga. The 'Real' deal about to happen #THFC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Shoddy tabloid journalism by the Irish Times. The headline reads "AVB admits Bale could leave"

The quote: “Ideally we want to keep everyone to make us stronger — that is the ultimate objective of the club,” the Spurs manager said. “In the end, anything can happen. We are dragging ourselves into the last weeks of transfer activity and it can become very, very frantic.”

Villas-Boas denied a deal had already been agreed with the nine-time European champions — “That is not true,” he said, but he did concede players would depart before September 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Guillem Ballbag is a spoofer, makes a comment about everything and whenever he gets something right he lets everyone know. Bale deal looks close all right, but I guarantee he doesn't know much about it.

Anyone else feel underwhelmed if the figure being touted is true, £79 (€93), not even breaking the transfer record. Also talk of instalments over 6 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Anyone else feel underwhelmed if the figure being touted is true, £79 (€99), not even breaking the transfer record. Also talk of instalments over 6 years

99 million for one player sounds okay to me?
    And the Presidents left ball sack so Levy can wear it around his neck as a medallion.

Advertisement