Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Sorry, £79, only €93m. No Contrao thrown in. Thats over 6 years. Maybe Levy isn't the hard nose we thought he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sorry, £79, only €93m. No Contrao thrown in. Thats over 6 years. Maybe Levy isn't the hard nose we thought he was.

Guys , the bale sale is actually going to allow us to compete at a much higher level. Does anyone think that if bale wasnt sold that we would be spending so much money during this summer ?? No chance

We have 35000 at every game and that kind of revenue doesnt allow you spend 60 million + during the summer

Selling bale will open the door for us to move to the next level - i know thats a kind of strange but its true. Madrid seem compelled to buy "galacticos" and pay massive money for them but at spurs we need to buy a "team"

I for one dont think bale is as good as ronaldo but we will see i suppose. His sale however catapults spurs to the next level and has allowed us to improve the squad considerably from last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

mickman wrote: »
    Guys , the bale sale is actually going to allow us to compete at a much higher level. Does anyone think that if bale wasnt sold that we would be spending so much money during this summer ?? No chance

We have 35000 at every game and that kind of revenue doesnt allow you spend 60 million + during the summer

Selling bale will open the door for us to move to the next level - i know thats a kind of strange but its true. Madrid seem compelled to buy "galacticos" and pay massive money for them but at spurs we need to buy a "team"

I for one dont think bale is as good as ronaldo but we will see i suppose. His sale however catapults spurs to the next level and has allowed us to improve the squad considerably from last season

Mick we are owned by a billionnaire, Maybe Lewis has said we'll have a right cut off it this season and i'll throw 50-60m at it...just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Mick we are owned by a billionnaire, Maybe Lewis has said we'll have a right cut off it this season and i'll throw 50-60m at it...just saying

Joe Lewis does not own Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Word from Madrid is that Ronaldo could walk if Bale signs for a world record fee so thats where the 79m figure is coming from I'd imagine.

He has the serious hump about the saga all summer apparently.

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    Word from Madrid is that Ronaldo could walk if Bale signs for a world record fee so thats where the 79m figure is coming from I'd imagine.

He has the serious hump about the saga all summer apparently.

wouldnt you ? Ronaldo has something like 190 goals in 200 games and bale had one good season and one excellent one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

wouldnt you ? Ronaldo has something like 190 goals in 200 games and bale had one good season and one excellent one

That's a very important point. I still think £80m is madness money. I hope he doesn't but not everyone can handle the pressure of the pricetag and he could easily not make it. I for example thought Modric would tear up LaLiga

New ITK from POTL, they usually get stuff right
    Daniel will provide an explanation on Gareth.

POTL

Is Levy going to make a statement?

Honestly Daniel, we don't need an explanation, we understand

I would say the ITK usually gets stuff wrong :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Ormus wrote: »
    Joe Lewis does not own Spurs.

The man owns the company that owns our club

• Advertisement

The man owns the company that owns our club

Nope

Joe Lewis is the main investor in Tavistock Group, which owns more than 200 companies, one of which is ENIC.

That might seem like splitting hairs, but it's quite a significant distinction.

The concept of Joe Lewis ever "loosening the purse strings" or anything similar, is complete bollocks. It simply does not work like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I assume he needs to just come out and clarify the situation after he gave AVB a guarantee that Bale would not be sold.

I'm sure everybody (including AVB) understands, but I'd say AVB might feel a little annoyed that a guarantee was given, which he repeated publicly, and then not followed through.

The concept of Joe Lewis ever "loosening the purse strings" or anything similar, is complete bollocks. It simply does not work like that.

If one is splitting hairs then the "purse strings" quote is merely an analogy for a capital investment in one of Tavistock Group's 200 companies.

As Joe Lewis is the owner of Tavistock Group it is he who pulls the strings in order to loosen the purse.

In simple terms, if Joe Lewis wanted to put a lot of money in to one of his companies, it is easily done.

I would say the ITK usually gets stuff wrong :-)

I was refering to Phantom of the Lane POTL, they usually get things right. Some on SC think it's directly from Donna Cullen, it's the clubs spin machine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Some on SC think it's directly from Donna Cullen

Ahhh, I do like me a good ole "legend has it..." tale :cool:

If one is splitting hairs then the "purse strings" quote is merely an analogy for a capital investment in one of Tavistock Group's 200 companies.

As Joe Lewis is the owner of Tavistock Group it is he who pulls the strings in order to loosen the purse.

In simple terms, if Joe Lewis wanted to put a lot of money in to one of his companies, it is easily done.

Tavistock Group is not Joe Lewis' company.

ENIC is not his company either.

Spurs is a long long way from being his company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Someone just eluded to this on the arsenal thread.

If RM can't get the hard cash up front to buy Bale from Spurs, they might sell Benzema to Arsenal for £40-50M upfront. RM then use this to fund the Bale deal, so basically Arsenal are helping RM buy Bale and getting Benzema in return.

Sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Tavistock Group is not Joe Lewis' company.

ENIC is not his company either.

Spurs is a long long way from being his company.

Lewis is the main investor in Tavistock Group, which owns more than 200 companies in 15 countries. Tavistock Group's portfolio includes:

Tottenham Hotspur.

^Taken from wiki. I'd imagine he has a very strong say so in the running of us. Also, Levy was his appointment afaik.

Someone just eluded to this on the arsenal thread.

If RM can't get the hard cash up front to buy Bale from Spurs, they might sell Benzema to Arsenal for £40-50M upfront. RM then use this to fund the Bale deal, so basically Arsenal are helping RM buy Bale and getting Benzema in return.

Sickened.

I'd be surprised if they sold Benzema after selling Higuain.

He's their only senior out and out striker.

Is there any chance we could make Bale play tonight.... in a last minute, "shove your partnership up your @rse" to Real Madrid??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Is there any chance we could make Bale play tonight.... in a last minute, "shove your partnership up your @rse" to Real Madrid??

I wish! But read a report saying there is no chance he'll play tonight

THFC wrote: »
    Lewis is the main investor in Tavistock Group, which owns more than 200 companies in 15 countries. Tavistock Group's portfolio includes:

Tottenham Hotspur.

^Taken from wiki. I'd imagine he has a very strong say so in the running of us. Also, Levy was his appointment afaik.

Not exactly...

You've edited that to cut out ENIC

Tavistock Group's portfolio includes ENIC.

ENIC owns Spurs

He doesn't have a strong say in the running of us because he doesn't want a strong say.

The ownership of Spurs is very carefully structured so as not to be a billionaire's plaything or anything of the sort. Spurs is a company owned by another company, owned by an investment group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Not exactly...

You've edited that to cut out ENIC

Tavistock Group's portfolio includes ENIC.

ENIC owns Spurs

He doesn't have a strong say in the running of us because he doesn't want a strong say.

The ownership of Spurs is very carefully structured so as not to be a billionaire's plaything or anything of the sort. Spurs is a company owned by another company, owned by an investment group.

Lewis controls the investment group which owns the club and Levy is a director of that group. There is a rumour that Lewis game spurs a €50m interest free loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I always have this weird mental image that Joe Lewis is some eccentric 79y.o. billionaire like Scrooge McDuck. Sitting in a castle on his huge fortune somewhere.

xlarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

always thought Lewis was levys uncle?

Lewis controls the investment group which owns the club and Levy is a director of that group. There is a rumour that Lewis game spurs a €50m interest free loan.

Well almost...

He controls the investment group which owns the investment company which owns Spurs.

There is a rumour yeah, hope it's not true.

If I was 79 and looked like a bald version of Kim Jong Il from Team America, I'd want to give more than £50m to my favourite club....

Joe-Lewis-007.jpgbest_kim_jong_il_spoofs_12_19_2011.jpg

BSSuqKICQAAQ29-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

longsleeve new home jersey reduced from 99 to 84€ wow they sure know how to rip the fans off even with the name & squad numbers attached.

ps bale aint going anywhere-has madrid oiffically explained how they have this on their goldmine webstore?

• Advertisement

avb says that bale wont even be at white hart lane on sunday

Advertisement