Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Probably best for all, you'd never know what sort of reaction his presence would get from some fans and as it's our first home game he needs every fan focusing on cheering the team on. Plus, he'll probably be in Madrid checking to ensure the stage they're setting up in the Bernabeu is up to his standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Weather he goes or not, I wish him Best of Luck.
    But if he stays (doubtful I know) I'd be over the moon. He is a unique talent.
    He almost single handedly dragged us into the Champions league last season.
    He has also kept a dignified silence (unlike others Modric, Suarez, Rooney etc) throughout the transfer window, when "knowing "statements could have weakened Spurs potential bargaining position.
    Nobody (realistically) can blame him for moving to Real or Barca/ Bayern, as they are without doubt the 3 best teams in football at present.
    His move/potential move has lead to Spurs actually strengthening the team/squad and probably has lead to us having a better balanced first team.

We have had world class players in the past and we will have world class players in the future but there is 1 constant.... THFC.

As I said, I wish him the Best of Luck, where ever he plays this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

completely agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Bale living it up in Marbella before announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

mickman wrote: »
    Bale living it up in Marbella before announcement

They are fake pictures on Twitter...from his holidays in June..

He may well be in Spain but there are no pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

think its the best for the spurs to sell a player who, how he said, not wants to wear a spurs shirt again. think so its better to grab the 100m €.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

becher wrote: »
    think its the best for the spurs to sell a player who, how he said, not wants to wear a spurs shirt again. think so its better to grab the 100m €.

He said this when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I don't think he's said a word all summer. Marca in Spain were making up quotes earlier in the summer and that's what the Sun could be doing here.

Even the more reputable papers were saying this and that about him without any direct quotes from the man himself.

yeah, we will see it next week, the transferwindow will close on 2.Sep.
    but as I said it could be worther than getting 100m € for one player ;)

little bit weird is the story with the real homepage and bale shirt that was listed for a while.

• Advertisement

yeah, we will see it next week, the transferwindow will close on 2.Sep.
    but as I said it could be worther than getting 100m € for one player ;)

little bit weird is the story with the real homepage and bale shirt that was listed for a while.

Bale is sold, we all know that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Bale is sold, we all know that

It looks very likely but there could be last minute hitch. Just like Willian was done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

See the post match reaction of AVB, 2.47 minutes in he's asked about Bale and his response and body language suggest he's as good as sold, no doubt in my mind now. http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8889190/avb-happy-to-keep-grinding-out-victories

Unless Levy & AVB are playin some strange double bluff, which would be classic Levy, but very unlikely!:(

SSNHD Germany: Bale will be presented on monday in Madrid. 91m € + 8m € performance-based six year contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

SSNHD Germany: Bale will be presented on monday in Madrid. 91m € + 8m € performance-based six year contract.

Will that make him the most expensive in history?

I think so. CR7 94m €. Bale would be more at the end of the day (end of the six years ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

SSN just reported that more than 1 club have bid for Bale

yeah united probably bid 40 million for him and were told to naff off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Surely Levy acting the goat, unless PSG have entered the running ?

Hatch99 wrote: »

Yeah, most likely, or Sky Bet re-opening the book.

There's only a few clubs that could, Monaco, PSG, Bayern, UTD, Chelsea or City. We have to make a stance on not selling to a Premiership club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hatch99 wrote: »

Probably a sign the deal is as good as done and Levy trying to milk another couple of mil. Just hope we get players in now as soon as possible and finally get this saga over with.

Yeah, most likely, or Sky Bet re-opening the book.

There's only a few clubs that could, Monaco, PSG, Bayern, UTD, Chelsea or City. We have to make a stance on not selling to a Premiership club

Bayern would'nt pay near 100m € for one player at the moment. (think 50m is their max.)

More ITK
    Utd have interest, he has no interest, not sure if any other clubs are keen, we are very unlikely to sell yo a UK club.

yes, think it will be a foreign club - think real
    or maybe the two clubs PSG / Monaco who will pay millions and billions :mad:

As usual have the salt ready

Jay (ryantegan) ‏@ryantegan
    15m

Rumours that United have bid 60m + Rooney for Bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

15m

I will eat my left testicle if that happens

That rumour smacks of a 15 year old

15m

accept that in a heartbeat

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

accept that in a heartbeat

only if they'll pay his 250k wages too :pac:

markesmith wrote: »
    With the wage cap we have, I'd say he's on no more than €40-€50k a week. Could be wrong though

Didn't we up that to 100k last summer

BTW, SSN reporting Bale is on his way back to the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Wouldnt it be nice to wipe that smug smirk off Mourinho's face when he taking the piss out of us last friday by getting Rooney.....we know it won't happen with rooneys wages but Levy probably saying the exact same thing ..."i'd love to sort out the plastic club"

Make it happen Daniel.

Advertisement