Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

The Rooney link wasn't ITK, he was asking about comments on his Twitter timeline. Forget it. Anyway, we shouldn't even be considering Premiership teams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

mickman wrote: »
    accept that in a heartbeat

I'd also accept that, as a United supporter. I cannot see United keeping Rooney and I cannoty see Rooney moving abroad.

I would rather Rooney go to Spurs than Chelsea. Absolutley no disrespect intended, but Spurs are not on Chelsea's level *right now*. Id rather sell to a rival that would challenge for a top 3 with Rooney than a rival who could completely run away with the league with Rooney.

Rooney and 50-60 million makes sense for United. Couldn't see Spurs wanting to sell to an Premier League club though...

More ITK, salt required
    280k on the table for Bale To sign new contract with us 5 year deal 280k per week +other media image money. Offered on Friday, other offers are on the table from other clubs. Given time off to think about offers and talk with agent over weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

More ITK, salt required

You saying we offered him 280k p/w, pull the other one chief :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Hatch99 wrote: »

Well if we are willing to pay Bale 280k to stay there is no reason we cant meet Rooneys wage demands.

I would take Rooney +60m in a heartbeat even if that means playing Bale twice a year.

Think it would be a harder pill to MU fans to swallow if Rooney starred at Spurs..

• Advertisement

Why not, we already have him, so no transfer fee needed. It's a better option than 30m on Hulk. Besides, it'd cost us 15m for the year in wages and we could have the option to sell him for a similar figure to what we're asking now in 12 months as he'd have 4 years left in his contract.

Why not, we already have him, so no transfer fee needed. It's a better option than 30m on Hulk. Besides, it'd cost us 15m for the year in wages and we could have the option to sell him for a similar figure to what we're asking now in 12 months as he'd have 4 years left in his contract.

If we have offered him 280k per week, I'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If we ever even offer to pay *anyone* £200,000 a week I'll run naked around the coast of Ireland.

ITK's are such a load of shít. Baffling that people still believe them and even more baffling that people are posting their "updates".

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

200.000/week for Messi would be a good deal ;)

THFC wrote: »
    ITK's are such a load of shít. Baffling that people still believe them and even more baffling that people are posting their "updates".

FFS, it's a bit of fun, nobody said you had to treat them as gospel. Newspapers have been printing the same ITK shít for years, you've even posted some good old Guardian quotes yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

stop bickering and get back to posting bullshit fun about bale's wacky adventures :P

FFS, it's a bit of fun, nobody said you had to treat them as gospel. Newspapers have been printing the same ITK shít for years, you've even posted some good old Guardian quotes yourself.

It's a bit of fun? For who exactly? It's a pile of shíte.

There was a "reputable" ITK either last summer or the summer before that came out and said it was a load of shít. FFS there was a Boards ITK last summer and they got a story about some North Korean lad into a newspaper, saying that the deal was likely to happen. Who made it up? Some lads on Boards, and they picked the name and club out of their collective holes.

My dog could be an ITK if he was able to type. Why don't I just post updates on his behalf every few hours? Probably hold more credence to the shít that you're posting, and it's also "a bit of fun".

I'm just sick of seeing a new post in either this thread or the Transfer Gossip thread and it being latest report from some 15 year old attention seeking "ITK". I'm on the verge of not coming here until the transfer window is over and just sticking to the main SF. Can you not just post your latest "updates" on a FB page or something?

Apologies for going OT, I'm not posting in here again (excluding match threads) until either Bale goes or the transfer window closes. Enjoy lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

THFC wrote: »
    Apologies for going OT, I'm not posting in here again (excluding match threads) until either Bale goes or the transfer window closes. Enjoy lads.

talk to you tomorrow so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

In fairness, gossip / transfer posts are being posted in threads that are clearly marked as such. So its easy enough to avoid them...

Think we are all sick of the Bale saga but no point getting annoyed over it

stop bickering and get back to posting bullshit fun about bale's wacky adventures :P

Exactly. There are no facts to post, you cannot believe anything from even the reputable sources, the BBC, the Guardian etc have all got caught up in this mess. There lots of rumours out there, most are lies, but at this stage there is nobody knows for sure what's going to happen, not even Levy.

I'm just trying to keep people filled in on all the rumours/lies going around, if you want me to stop, I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

In fairness it has been the worst summer I can remember for non-stories, as in a massive headline article on the BBC or Sky to say that AVB refused to comment on Bale rumours, or Sky sources say Bale is inching ever closer to a move.

It's amazing that we're months into it and there have been articled nigh on every day in the papers and they clearly know nothing more than when they started and yet people still apparently buy the papers every day. they even change the price every day and include various players as part exchange, and yet people still wanna read the latest update.

It really is bizarre when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Exactly. There are no facts to post, you cannot believe anything from even the reputable sources, the BBC, the Guardian etc have all got caught up in this mess. There lots of rumours out there, most are lies, but at this stage there is nobody knows for sure what's going to happen, not even Levy.

I'm just trying to keep people filled in on all the rumours/lies going around, if you want me to stop, I will.

Please don't stop. Transfer Gossip is exactly that. Some people just like acting all diva-esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

As much as I'd dearly love to keep the lad at WHL, I hope to God there is no truth to those 280K a week rumors. Nobody is worth that. 200K max in very exceptional circumstances (ie Bale and maybe 2-3 players on the planet)

Getting slagged off on FB that we are going to be the next Leeds united might not be soo funny if we end up paying those kind of wages and don't make the CL next year.

Ormus wrote: »
    In fairness it has been the worst summer I can remember for non-stories, as in a massive headline article on the BBC or Sky to say that AVB refused to comment on Bale rumours, or Sky sources say Bale is inching ever closer to a move.

It's amazing that we're months into it and there have been articled nigh on every day in the papers and they clearly know nothing more than when they started and yet people still apparently buy the papers every day. they even change the price every day and include various players as part exchange, and yet people still wanna read the latest update.

It really is bizarre when you think about it.

It's great to be nearly at the end of it, no matter what outcome. I've had enough now at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

yes, think the transferwindow should be closed at the beginning of the season. maybe 15. August deadline.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

becher wrote: »
    yes, think the transferwindow should be closed at the beginning of the season. maybe 15. August deadline.

yeeeeaaaaaap!

Spotted this on another forum.
    Wow, Glen Hoddle ITK on Talk****e!

In response to us 'spending Bale money already' question he sounded as if he was going to correct the presenter in a 'it's not Bale money' kind of way but stopped himself.

He then said he had a long chat with Daniel and we expect to be doing quite a bit of further business in the window.

Also Daniel said that he expects to really do something in the league if Bale stays but hard to stop him going to Madrid.

Pretty much backed up the ITK on the following:

Have funds outside Bale money
    Further significant spending
    Bale still might stay
    We are 'going for it' as in IT not just scraping a CL place.

Reasons to be cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Bale will play on Sunday for Spurs when we put the Red Scum to the sword

Spotted this on another forum.

As I have said before, where is all of this extra money if we are going to spend it, it's going to be a very busy few days if we are gonna spend as much as we are being told.
    Bale will play on Sunday for Spurs when we put the Red Scum to the sword

Not a hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

yeah, i agree. Bale sold or not. We are getting close to the wire now for these supposed 'major signings'. I reckon we'll sign the romanian dude, maybe Lumela and if not, we might sign some up and coming U21 like Tom Ince or his equivalent from france/italy/Germany/Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

As I have said before, where is all of this extra money if we are going to spend it, it's going to be a very busy few days if we are gonna spend as much as we are being told.

I agree with you but consider these:
    1. The extra TV money
    2. A £50m intertest free loan from Lewis
    3. The £20m in sales to date
    4. The money that we held back when Redknapp was in charge

To be honest I think he's gone but it would be the greatest trick ever played if we intended to keep him all along and this was just the Real Madrid / Tottenham partnership agreement being used to raise the profile of the player/club. Why is Bales price so high? Maybe so that nobody else can bid for him and its all an illusion orchestrated by Levy

Note: I'm not getting much sleep lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

bale didnt show up for training

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good, hopefully a deal is finally in place. Must be the longest transfer saga on record.

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    bale didnt show up for training

Didn't show up or was told not to show up? SSN want us to believe it's the former.

Hoddles interview on Talksport is here: http://www.footballcourier.com/news/story/2461581/exclusive-hoddle-levy-hasnt-given-up-hope-of-keeping-bale-at-tot/full_story.html

Advertisement