Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The infamous "Sky Sources" strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I agree with you but consider these:
    1. The extra TV money
    2. A £50m intertest free loan from Lewis
    3. The £20m in sales to date
    4. The money that we held back when Redknapp was in charge

To be honest I think he's gone but it would be the greatest trick ever played if we intended to keep him all along and this was just the Real Madrid / Tottenham partnership agreement being used to raise the profile of the player/club. Why is Bales price so high? Maybe so that nobody else can bid for him and its all an illusion orchestrated by Levy

Note: I'm not getting much sleep lately

Oh I'm not saying there isn't money there, there has always been money at Spurs. But I don't agree with the whole idea that we are going to splash out more mega money. Maybe when Bale goes, we might sign another player or 2, but nothing like what some people are saying.

Like you said, 20m from sales & tv money, sure that covers everything we have spent so far. Where has this loan come from. Are you certain it's true ?

All I'm saying is don't be suprised that if and most likely when Bale goes, most of that money won't be spent, and will be kept to help the stadium plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

irishmover wrote: »
    The infamous "Sky Sources" strikes again.

'Array!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Good, hopefully a deal is finally in place. Must be the longest transfer saga on record.

Not a patch on that time Chelsea starting courting Essian. That lasted every day for 6-7 months.

So I thought the Bale not turning up for training story was a load of bollox, but perhaps not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23851612

It this is unauthorized then it's a pretty shi*ty thing to do, especially a few days before the biggest NLD in years. Not good for moral. Good man GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

So I thought the Bale not turning up for training story was a load of bollox, but perhaps not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23851612

It this is unauthorized then it's a pretty shi*ty thing to do, especially a few days before the biggest NLD in years. Not good for moral. Good man GB.

Gareth has not been involved with the team for past month or so, cant see this having that big of an affect on the team. Although we would be in a better place if he was lining up against the gooners, and happy to do so. But that ship has sailed and I would say the players are not too distracted. On the plus side there is less than a week before all this ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Getting sick and tired of this whole saga altogether! Everyday its the same oul news regarding his stance.

I've come to the conclusion that I just want him to leave already. Lets invest big time during these last few days of the transfer window and while we're at it, lets try grab a big boy from Real and see how they like it.

You know, when you think about it - we have RM over a barrel and in theory we could demand just about any of their players in exchange (bar Ronaldo).
    Obviously, the bigger job would be convincing the player involved to agree to the switch, but you never know.

I tell you what we should be doing - we should be looking at one of their better players coming this direction on loan. That we we get to strengthen our squad before deadline day, RM get Bale, We still get a huge wad of cash and the player involved is not committed to join us permanently if they have reservation but still get a good chance of match time before a world cup. Win-win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Getting sick and tired of this whole saga altogether! Everyday its the same oul news regarding his stance.

I've come to the conclusion that I just want him to leave already. Lets invest big time during these last few days of the transfer window and while we're at it, lets try grab a big boy from Real and see how they like it.

I'd say they'd find it hilarious because no Real big boy would even consider joining Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

You know, when you think about it - we have RM over a barrel and in theory we could demand just about any of their players in exchange (bar Ronaldo).
    Obviously, the bigger job would be convincing the player involved to agree to the switch, but you never know.

I tell you what we should be doing - we should be looking at one of their better players coming this direction on loan. That we we get to strengthen our squad before deadline day, RM get Bale, We still get a huge wad of cash and the player involved is not committed to join us permanently if they have reservation but still get a good chance of match time before a world cup. Win-win.

wake up..:P

• Advertisement

wake up..:P

Why? I think there's damn all chance of a Di Maria or an Ozil (or anyone else) signing for us but i think there's a much better chance if it was a short term (1 season) deal. Some of the fringe players aren't getting enough game time as it is, and when Bale comes in their chances are drastically reduced. Players want game time in a WC year so you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Ormus wrote: »
    I'd say they'd find it hilarious because no Real big boy would even consider joining Spurs.

Don't see why we couldn't tempt the likes of di Maria, Coentrao, or even Ozil.Anyone playing for RM in my opinion would be considered quite a big player.If enough money is waved in front of their faces anything could happen, although I of course would prefer if they'd actually like to play for us. Its certainly not an unrealistic set of events that could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Don't see why we couldn't tempt the likes of di Maria, Coentrao, or even Ozil.Anyone playing for RM in my opinion would be considered quite a big player.If enough money is waved in front of their faces anything could happen, although I of course would prefer if they'd actually like to play for us. Its certainly not an unrealistic set of events that could happen.

Ah so when you said 'big boy' you meant 'player who is surplus to requirements'?

We still have no chance of getting Ozil or di Maria...Coentrao maybe but I'd be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

think one of the Madrid Midfielder want to leave the club after short time. real paid for Ozil about 15m € think there is a chance to get one of these players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

frag420 wrote: »

_42961397_bale203.jpg

Hasn't changed a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

_42961397_bale203.jpg

Hasn't changed a bit

put on about two stone in pure muscle, thats about it

what have spurs got for their money, May 2007

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6684865.stm

edit - Jason Koumas Lolz

Townsend in the England squad. Holy Jayzus :eek:

Will do his confidence the world of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Why was avb referred to as former Chelsea manager. Who cares? That would be like referring to me in work as former student joeguevara!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Christian Bestford ‏@BestfordC 23m
    According to Cadena Cope, Levy is furious that #Bale met Perez in Marbella & has put the deal on hold until next monday. #levytime

Cadena Cope is a Spanish radio station

apparently avb will explain why bale was absent from training today at a lunch time press conference

No doubt he will say "gareth didnt train because of a foot injury and I have no further comment on the player"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

No harm in letting Madrid sweat over it for a few more days. They've been a shower of cúnts right from the off.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    No harm in letting Madrid sweat over it for a few more days. They've been a shower of cúnts right from the off.

Some think we're stalling to make sure them up the road don't get their targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Some think we're stalling to make sure them up the road don't get their targets.

Real Madrid erected a stage and sold shirts will Bale on the back. Might be something to do with that aswell.

dont believe this. it would b a very silly thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mickman wrote: »

Agreed, we're not Chelsea

mickman wrote: »

Not if they were intending to play them against us at the weekend, could be a master stroke of we win

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not if they were intending to play them against us at the weekend, could be a master stroke of we win

Getting just a bit too ridiculous now :pac:

• Advertisement

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m
    Sky sources: Gareth Bale will not return to Tottenham #SSN

Of course no quotes, the usual SSN understands....

Advertisement