Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Here's the rumour that I heard:

Levy agreed a deal in principle with Madrid last Wednesday, Bale would be sold for £75m, lump sum up front and the remainder over three years. Madrid then attempted to alter the terms of this deal.

So Levy offered Bale to United for a cash plus player deal (Hernandez). United didn't consider the offer as they don't want to be used as leverage in the Madrid deal.

Personally, I'd hate to see Bale go to United as our best players have before but I'd welcome Hernandez, he's a prolific goalscorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    Real Madrid erected a stage and sold shirts will Bale on the back. Might be something to do with that aswell.

I agree. Between this and the blatant tapping up earlier in the window, I'd refuse to sell this window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Here's the rumour that I heard:

Levy agreed a deal in principle with Madrid last Wednesday, Bale would be sold for £75m, lump sum up front and the remainder over three years. Madrid then attempted to alter the terms of this deal.

So Levy offered Bale to United for a cash plus player deal (Hernandez). United didn't consider the offer as they don't want to be used as leverage in the Madrid deal.

Personally, I'd hate to see Bale go to United as our best players have before but I'd welcome Hernandez, he's a prolific goalscorer.

Hernandez is an average player, wouldnt improve us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj
    #THFC have yet to receive the bank guarantee for the first instalment of £28.9m from #RMCF bank. Hence delay in Bale transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Spurs really know how to do deals.

I really don't know how ye are getting so much for Bale. No where near worth the money being touted but fair play to Spurs for extracting the last cent from Madrid.

Hope the deal bankrupts madrid.....again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj
    #THFC have yet to receive the bank guarantee for the first instalment of £28.9m from #RMCF bank. Hence delay in Bale transfer.

We should demand it all upfront from these guys, they are a horrible club and have been nothing but disrespectful from the start of this saga. Best club in the world me arse.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    We should demand it all upfront from these guys, they are a horrible club and have been nothing but disrespectful from the start of this saga. Best club in the world me arse.

Not even the best club in Spain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ljajic has signed for Roma meaning Lamela should now be finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

mickman wrote: »
    Hernandez is an average player, wouldnt improve us

Would strongly disagree. Think Hernandez is a proven goalscorer and quite crafty. He has been very unlucky to always be 4th of 4 strikers in United.

I think he would be a massive addition in a position where we have obvious weakness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

slegs wrote: »
    Would strongly disagree. Think Hernandez is a proven goalscorer and quite crafty. He has been very unlucky to always be 4th of 4 strikers in United.

I think he would be a massive addition in a position where we have obvious weakness

He couldn't be worth much more than 10 - 15 million though, so Utd would have to pay nearly £80m to match Real's bid, which isn't going to happen.

• Advertisement

Ljajic has signed for Roma meaning Lamela should now be finalised.

avb giving press conference very soon. most likely lamela will be confirmed

slegs wrote: »

Still would not want him if it meant giving Bale to United.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So long Bale :(

So long Bale :(

Is there an update???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

From the press conference via the mirror's live blog:
    Here's the news we've all been waiting for, Bale is on the way out:

AVB says that spurs are in the final stages of drafting Bale's contract with Real. "It's a dream move for him."

AVB: "This [transfer] can happen in a different way ... [but] Tottenham will accept most likely the biggest transfer in world football."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-press-conference-live-updates-2232881

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Boas has confirmed that negotiations with Real Madrid are in advanced stages, but he also said Bale's behaviour has been unacceptable.

Villas-Boas said: "He is involved in a big transfer move to Real Madrid and in the end if it happens, we wish him all the best, but the fact that he hasn't turned up is not the correct behaviour...

"That is the position they chose to take and it's up to the club to decide if it's a fineable offence."

Villas-Boas confirmed that Bale is close to sealing a world-record move to Madrid.

"It could happen very, very soon," the Portuguese said.

It's a pretty sad end to what has been a great relationship between club, player and manager. It seems like Gareth Bale and AVB had a lot of mutual respect, but the tension has obviously got to the both of them.

But this is the confirmation we've been waiting for.

Hehe, that's great, so now RM have to come up with the world record cash to save face, otherwise we keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

So Bale went AWOL

He can **** right off now. That's a great players legacy to Tottenham destroyed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I've been very quiet all summer on here as my outrage has been building up.

Bale in a nutshell is unfortunately another mercenary like Berbatov and modric were. Utter disgraceful attitude from a player whose interviews up until the last game of the season were of down to earth focused on playing football and respecting Spurs.

Real Madrid are not playing ball and want Bale on their terms. Levy doesn't have to sell him as he has a contract until 2016. Bale was the player I was hoping would not be the typical modern footballer and show some class. Alas, here we are. There is no hope for the modern game when people like bale can apparently completely change within a couple of months.

Hopefully we get a world record fee because he's certainly not worth it. I had said to myself during last season that if Bale left this summer or next I'd be showing him plenty of respect for the professionalism he has had throughout his time at Spurs. Instead, yet again I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth. I'm really not sure I want him to succeed at Madrid. If his dad had any sense he'd be giving him a right welch clip round the ear.

look at fellani and baines, they never sulked when everton rejected the offer from united for them. That would be a dream move for them also

Why are our players always the sulkers

Im delighted that its all over - bale is gone forever and now we move on

• Advertisement

I'll be sad to see him leave after such a great season, but that's all he's had, one 'great' season and all of a sudden he's worth £80m. That is just amazing money for him and there is no way he's worth it. The money from the sale of one player could propel us into the top three. It's incredible.

Shame there's a bitter twist at the end between the player and the manager as they seemed to have a great bond last season. I don't think Bale not showing up to training today has forced our hand though, we've agreed to sell him weeks ago, I'd say around the time of the Hong Kong tour.

The money spent on him and the pressure is immense, potentially the biggest flop in football transfer history! Good luck to him but no player is bigger than the club, clubs have lost their best players before continued to win trophies, Come on you Spurs!

look at fellani and baines, they never sulked when everton rejected the offer from united for them. That would be a dream move for them also

Why are our players always the sulkers

Bale has been told for weeks that he'll be sold once Madrid cough up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Doesn't sound like Bale and AVB will be attending any Formula One grand prix's together for the forseeable future.

Pity it had to end like this.

Bale has been told for weeks that he'll be sold once Madrid cough up.

not sure what your point is. We own bale and told him "you will be sold when your suitors pay for you"

How is that giving him reason to sulk?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have to admit i'm kind of disgusted with Bale right now. Had really hoped he'd show a bit of class and not become like (it seems) every other player who wants a move. Not showing up is bull****, and if thats his attitude after one great season, than good riddance.

Onwards and upwards i say.

not sure what your point is. We own bale and told him "you will be sold when your suitors pay for you"

How is that giving him reason to sulk?

My point is Fellani and Baines weren't told they were being sold, Bale was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Disapointing he didn't show up for training without permission, but in the end, fcuk him, let's move on.

Nobodys bigger than THFC

I really hope we secure a massive amount of cash straight up, would hate to lose out when RM have to default in the next couple of years.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Disapointing he didn't show up for training without permission, but in the end, fcuk him, let's move on.

Nobodys bigger than THFC

Fine him, as any other player would be fined for doing the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Boas has confirmed that negotiations with Real Madrid are in advanced stages, but he also said Bale's behaviour has been unacceptable.

Villas-Boas said: "He is involved in a big transfer move to Real Madrid and in the end if it happens, we wish him all the best, but the fact that he hasn't turned up is not the correct behaviour...

"That is the position they chose to take and it's up to the club to decide if it's a fineable offence."

Villas-Boas confirmed that Bale is close to sealing a world-record move to Madrid.

"It could happen very, very soon," the Portuguese said.

It's a pretty sad end to what has been a great relationship between club, player and manager. It seems like Gareth Bale and AVB had a lot of mutual respect, but the tension has obviously got to the both of them.

But this is the confirmation we've been waiting for.

All AVB has said is that him not turning up to training is not the correct behaviour.

AVB has been calmness personified, where do you get the feeling that the tension has gotten to him?

I don't think him and Bale have had any falling out. It would be the club's decision to fine him if they do.

I doubt Bale would even hold it against AVB for saying that it wasn't the correct behaviour.

AVB has handled this perfectly, he hasn't gotten personal and hasn't gotten angry. Pure class.

Advertisement