Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ormus wrote: »
    All AVB has said is that him not turning up to training is not the correct behaviour.

AVB has been calmness personified, where do you get the feeling that the tension has gotten to him?

I don't think him and Bale have had any falling out. It would be the club's decision to fine him if they do.

I doubt Bale would even hold it against AVB for saying that it wasn't the correct behaviour.

AVB has handled this perfectly, he hasn't gotten personal and hasn't gotten angry. Pure class.

Imagine if harry was in charge during this whole saga - would have been on the tv every single day saying that " the boy should be let go"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Fine him, as any other player would be fined for doing the same thing.

Your right, fine him, and give us all a free bar for the Hull game with the proceeds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I don't bear any ill will to the lad, focking savage player. I'll never tire of seeing those wonder goals he scored right at the death, the rush I got outta those goals are irreplaceable.

Once he doesn't talk thrash about the club then I hope he's a huge success abroad. Bale, Modric and Ronaldo to star in a spit roast video coming soon, Berbatov to direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Fine him, as any other player would be fined for doing the same thing.

As if he gives two flying fooks about a small fine for not showing up to training, he's gonna get a few million for signing on at Madrid and probably one million a month thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

As if he gives two flying fooks about a small fine for not showing up to training, he's gonna get a few million for signing on at Madrid and probably one million a month thereafter.

I never said he would give a toss, but he should be punished by the club nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I wouldn't be too critical of Bale. He has kept a dignified silence on the whole thing all summer long and is probably a little panicked now as we creep closer to the end of the window.

How many other top players would be able to keep quiet on such a huge transfer over such a long period of time... We didn't even get the usual comments from his family or friends that the media usually manage to eek out of people close to the player in question and then they twist and tweak them to suit their own agenda.

It's a shame he failed to turn up for training yesterday. But i'm sure he is very frustrated and he has two people he can take his frustrations out on - the club he is joining and going to be paying his wages for the next 5 years or the club that have agreed to sell him and who he will soon have no connections to. I know who i'd be taken my frustrations on.

RM are a disgrace and I'm sure they have been in his ear all summer, pressuring him to put in transfer requests, go on strike, refuse to play, talk to the press etc and I think he has shown great restraint so far.

What I noticed about AVBs interview is the amount of times he said "world record fee", like as if he's putting it out there to RM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Excellent interview, if there was ever a man this lead this club...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Its been obvious that Bale was leaving for a while unless negotiations broke down over money or something else. What I found astonishing was Gordon Taylor reportedly saying Spurs shouldn't be holding up "Bales" transfer. Does he not know that Bale is contracted to play for Spurs for the next three years and its up to Spurs when and how he is sold. Poor Gareth being kept prisoner at a small club when Real Madrid, the almighty's have erected a podium. I think, if it is true it is an unbelievable intervention.

On a brighter note I hope all the new players can gel fairly quick and we have a massive season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Well finally a near end to proceedings. I for one am pretty happy with how things turned out! Alright, Bale cuda been a bit more respectful in leaving us, but its all about the money for some players. On the bright side, look at who we're buying, that of Lamela, hopefully now Eriksen and its looking lightly that we'll get Chiriches and god knows who else we'll pull off.

I think this is a really exciting time to be a spurs fan, like, look at the squad we are building, we've certainly never seen the likes of it before! Love that we're gonna finally challenge for the top spots that we should ultimately get with what we're signing. And to think we were fighting for relegation a few years back....pfft, those days are over!

COYS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

You were working as a left back in a non-winning side...When I met you. Harry picked you out, he shook you up, And turned you around, Turned you into someone new. Now four years later on you've got the world at your feet. ¿Cos Maicon made it easy for you. But don't forget it's AVB who put you where you are now, And he can stop this deal going through. Don't, Don't you be a plumb! ¿ Get yourself back into training, till your transfer is completed. Don't, Don't you be a plumb! ¿ We know you want to leave, to the bench where you¿ll be seated. You deserve a fine, Your dress sense is a crime. Now we¿ve signed Lamela we can all be happy!

Talk****e this morning basically suggested that AVB is on the money, that Bale had turned this year, that its all gone to his head and that Spurs have picked possibly the perfect moment to off load what was once a perfect example of a truely professional player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's a shame. I've no issue with Bale, except for him not turning up to training but compared to how Suarez behaved that was minor. I just hope he's able to deal with the huge pressure he's going to experience being the most expensive player in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Anyone know if he turned up for training today or has he left for Spain?

Anyone know if he turned up for training today or has he left for Spain?

no way would he turn today after missing the last two days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He ain't coming back now.

I'd say he said his goodbyes to his former team mates a few weeks ago.

All the best GB. The man practically dragged us singlehandedly into 5th place last season and for 1 point more he'd probably still be here. By having such an amazing season last year he put himself in a position for a world record transfer leaving us with nearly £100M to spend on half a new team. Adios!

Wonder will he have enough for a bag of chips on the way home ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23899821

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

THFC wrote: »
    :eek: Not a penny under 45 million. And yeh can leave yer rubbish players out of it.

:pac:

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker 0s
    Reports from Spain that Bale transfer will be announced tonight #ibelieve

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

No world record fee according to this ...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-bale-deal-done-short-world-record-fee-161645155.html

If accurate Levy may have gone for the option 2 deal of full payment up front rather than an increased (world record) fee being paid over a number of years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

AS.....hmmmmmm

http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2013/08/31/actualidad/1377981357_381103.html

Dodgy translation but it seems to say Bale signed a contract with Madrid in july saying he would only move to them, if they don't meet our demands and sign him they have to pay his 20m. The fact that they signed a contract with him breaks the rules too, so Levy really does have them by the balls.

Wish he'd just fcuk off so we can move on, it has become a fcuking soap opera..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Who de fcuk is this "Bale fella" everybody is on about?

AVB: "Gareth Bale is going to train with Real Madrid. He has moved on and we have as well. We thank him for the memories."

AVB: "Gareth Bale is going to train with Real Madrid. He has moved on and we have as well. We thank him for the memories."

Going to train but not sign for them ? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Finally

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 1m

The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Gareth Bale #THFC

Advertisement