Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Finally

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 1m

The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Gareth Bale #THFC

Thank Fcuk for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Why do we have a thread about a Real Madrid player when it's a Tottenham Hotspur forum?

(I've been waiting three months to use that)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Full statement from Website http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-announcement-010913/
    "
    The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Gareth Bale. Gareth joined from Southampton in May 2007 and during his six years with the Club made 203 appearances, scoring 55 goals
    Chairman, Daniel Levy commented, "Gareth was a player we had absolutely no intention of selling as we look to build for the future. He is a player whose career we have fostered and developed and he was only a year into his new four year contract.
    Such has been the attention from Real Madrid and so great is Gareth's desire to join them, that we have taken the view that the player will not be sufficiently committed to our campaign in the current season.
    We have, therefore, with great reluctance, agreed to this sale and do so in the knowledge that we have an exceptionally strong squad to which we have added no fewer than seven top internationals. More importantly, we have an immense team spirit and a dressing room that is hungry for success.
    We wish Gareth all the best in the future and he shall always be welcome at the Lane."
    "

Surprised at this dig " we have taken the view that the player will not be sufficiently committed to our campaign in the current season"

Glad its over...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Statement from Levy

"Gareth was a player we had absolutely no intention of selling as we look to build for the future. He is a player whose career we have fostered and developed and he was only a year into his new four year contract.
    "Such has been the attention from Real Madrid and so great is Gareth's desire to join them, that we have taken the view that the player will not be sufficiently committed to our campaign in the current season.
    "We have, therefore, with great reluctance, agreed to this sale and do so in the knowledge that we have an exceptionally strong squad to which we have added no fewer than seven top internationals. More importantly, we have an immense team spirit and a dressing room that is hungry for success.
    "We wish Gareth all the best in the future and he shall always be welcome at the Lane."

good luck bale & thanks for memories

• Advertisement

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore 3m
    Gareth Bale fee is 100,000,000 euros. A new world record. @talkSPORT

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 4m
    Gareth Bale officially joins Real Madrid. At last. I'm told this is, despite what Real may say, a world record deal. £86m

Gareth Bale statement:

"I have had six very happy years at Tottenham but it's the right time to say goodbye. We've had some special times together over the years and I've loved every minute of it.

“I would like to thank everyone at the Club, the Chairman, Board, staff, coaches and players – and most of all the fantastic fans who I hope will understand this amazing career opportunity.

“I am not sure there is ever a good time to leave a club where I felt settled and was playing the best football of my career to date. I know many players talk of their desire to join the club of their boyhood dreams, but I can honestly say, this is my dream come true.

“I am well aware that I would not be at the level I am today were it not for firstly Southampton and then Spurs standing by me during some of the tougher times and affording me the environment and support they have.

“Tottenham will always be in my heart and I’m sure that this season will be a successful one for them. I am now looking forward to the next exciting chapter in my life, playing football for Real Madrid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

85.3 million pounds. Great deal for us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

An 853% ROI - if only I could have invested in Bale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

davycc wrote: »
    good luck bale & thanks for memories

Tenner says he flops. Not that I wish it, its just that most of his greatness lay in his humility. Well that's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Shame to see him go but would be madness to turn down that price. The shenanigans of last week aside, he dealt with the whole transfer saga with an unusual (compared to others) degree of class. Thanks for the goals and the memories and hopefully he won't flop in Madrid.

Who would have thunk it back during the days of the 'Gareth Bale Curse' eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Bales agent says negotiations started 110 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Tenner says he flops. Not that I wish it, its just that most of his greatness lay in his humility. Well that's gone.

I hope he doesn't but if i could put money on it I'd have a few quid on him being good but not great and they'll turn on him then he'll be with united/Chelsea in 18 to 24 months.

I genuinely hope he goes on and wins it all though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I'll always love that kid. He raised us a level, and I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There were rumours that Levy was trying to insert a clause into the contract that would mean Spurs get £10m if he's sold to a PL club within the next 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good Luck to him, hope he does well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Live Presentation of Bale at Bernabeau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Gutted he is gone. More so than any other player since Gascoigne. What a player. :(

Here he is kissing the badge, you can close the thread now

BTJ-nAPCQAAbXGP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

A dream come true for the boy! Although I'm pretty usre I had a Real Madrid jersey when I was 11 and I'd still rather play for Spurs**
    BTJ41qhIUAA2JhU.jpg
    **Not if Real Madrid offered me €300k a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Here he is kissing the badge, you can close the thread now

Ahh FFS. kissing the badge. Plonker

/close thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Once a player is gone from Spurs I just don't care what he does any more.

tippspur wrote: »
    Once a player is gone from Spurs I just don't care what he does any more.

true unless its VDV:D

Modric, Carrick Berabstrop & Bale can rot in hell for how they enginereed thier exits.....

so can we lock this thread already plz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

davycc wrote: »
    true unless its VDV:D

Modric, Carrick Berabstrop & Bale can rot in hell for how they enginereed thier exits.....

so can we lock this thread already plz

Agreed. I'l just click unfollow anyway. I'v had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Feels weird watching Bale and Modric playing for Madrid. GDS on the pitch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Feels weird watching Bale and Modric playing for Madrid. GDS on the pitch too.

We slaughtered Harry for playing him on the right :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

I suppose it was meant to happen. Bale scores on his debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Close this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Close this thread.

If anything I'm glad he scored thanks for the memories Gareth pure class

Advertisement