Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

curraghyid wrote: »
    If anything I'm glad he scored thanks for the memories Gareth pure class

Absolutely. I was beaming when he scored there. Spurs can always take pride in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

golfball37 wrote: »
    Absolutely. I was beaming when he scored there. Spurs can always take pride in him.

Was it a bale classic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

That's not a bale classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Hatch99 wrote: »
    We slaughtered Harry for playing him on the right :D:D:D

We! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Did we offload just in time!

http://i.imgur.com/rNRyMJA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Never thought I'd say it but I'm glad he's gone, the team assemble now is badáss. Footballers really have no idea how to dress, what's with the mincey handbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Saab Ed wrote: »

FFS, that is horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Saab Ed wrote: »

It's like when you break up with a bird and then see her out one night dressed much sluttier than she ever dressed when she was with you!

Bale has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Now he supposedly has a slipped disk
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24507797

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Now he supposedly has a slipped disk
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24507797

so all those jokes about him hurting has back after carrying us all last season were true?:D ha ha ha serves them shower right if he is out for mths now..

Marca & ziadane & modrat got their new man (at any cost) so fook em all-

Karma baby only 1% of the hassle they have caused us over the last few seasons:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Only worry is if the sneaky feckers slipped (geddit) an injury clause into the legal papers when the sale went through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Says the one tapping him up all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Confirmed by Madrid president bale was insured for the full e91 mill they paid for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

keane=cock wrote: »
    Confirmed by Madrid president bale was insured for the full e91 mill they paid for him.

So Madrid would get the 91mill, where does Bale end up? Career over surely, if he played lower leagues surely the insurance claim would be invalidated.

IF this injury rules him out for a year or more (perfectly feasable), it may look like he won't end up half the player he was, and Madrid will push for the insurance

guys, it doesnt really matter

he is not a spurs player anymore.

I for one would not like to see his career over, he doesnt deserve that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mickman wrote: »
    guys, it doesnt really matter

he is not a spurs player anymore.

I for one would not like to see his career over, he doesnt deserve that

I agree, all this bitterness is not classy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 TOMJONESsings

Watched el clasico tonight and Bale hardly touched the ball then got himself booked and was substituted. Not looking good for him in Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

good enough for the jug-eared sellout //// I hope he flops big time....the grass is not always greener on the other side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Bale looks poor alright based on his form last season, however he will need time to settle and his team mates are not exactly passing the ball to him,
    Ronaldo always seems to be the option.
    It's the same with us and Lamela big expectations for immediate results, I have a feeling though Lamela will start to produce the goods quicker than we will see anything like bales best form.

At 85 million you HAVE to deliver straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

At 85 million you HAVE to deliver straight away

Don't agree, there is a settling in period with every employment position, granted at 85 million your not going to have as much of a honeymoon period, but he will be given games to find his form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Bale was massive for us last season and bought us half a team by going to Madrid. I was hoping he would stay but I'm over him. Don't wish him any bad luck although I cant say the same for Madrid even though they did pay that 85m, thanks lads.

Wouldn't be upset if we bought Bale back for 40m next summer. Levy prob only pay the 40m in dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He'll be a a united player next season IMHO. Cut price I'd say maybe 40m unless he really turns it around.

Lets not forget Micahel Owen who was a better player and they weren't long shipping him off.

A part of me feels for the chap he was the player I have seen in a spurs jersey but I'm delighted for everyone who went out of their way to try and unsettle him.

ziedth wrote: »
    He'll be a a united player next season IMHO. Cut price I'd say maybe 40m unless he really turns it around.

Lets not forget Micahel Owen who was a better player and they weren't long shipping him off.

A part of me feels for the chap he was the player I have seen in a spurs jersey but I'm delighted for everyone who went out of their way to try and unsettle him.

If he goes to united then we bank another ten million

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If he goes to united then we bank another ten million

How so? Sell on clause or just because its a PL team?

ziedth wrote: »
    How so? Sell on clause or just because its a PL team?

sell on clause to a PL team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Bale scored two and assisted two for Madrid tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Bale scored two and assisted two for Madrid tonight.

Time to close this thread. He is the past.

Advertisement