Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Some things never change....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

^^^^^^

I hated him doing that at Spurs more than I hate him doing it for RM. Strange !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

^^^^^^

I hated him doing that at Spurs more than I hate him doing it for RM. Strange !

same here for Spurs but its expected at RM as refs give them so many penos/frees for diving esp with CR7 marcello di maria pepe etc. ramos.

im expecting his diving to get worse this year and he will get loads more soft penos for RM as that is the status quo in la liga:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Well done GB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Class player. Happy to see him win it

For him to progress though in my opinion he needs to develop his right foot

Ronaldo can use both and I think top players should b able to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Delighted for him, to leave Spurs was gutting for me but he left to play for the biggest club in the world and win the biggest trophy in club football. Modric was MOTM in my opinion, absolutely class on the ball.

Shame Bale will never play at the highest international level.

mickman wrote: »
    Class player. Happy to see him win it

For him to progress though in my opinion he needs to develop his right foot

Ronaldo can use both and I think top players should b able to

Messi hasn't got a right foot mickser :D

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Messi hasn't got a right foot mickser :D

He has a 'bit' of a right good whereas bale is petrified of having to use the right, bit like robben

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Seem to recall him swinging that right boot to good effect at home to Chelsea a number of years back. Maybe he should use it more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Delighted for him too, seems like a nice lad. I wish RM didn't score the other two goals it kinda took the gloss off his "winner"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Undercover wrote: »
    Seem to recall him swinging that right boot to good effect at home to Chelsea a number of years back. Maybe he should use it more.

same as his perfect right foot finish at old Trafford a couple of .seasons back. Sickens me to see him with The team i hate the most in The entire universe but he is looking great value for money and doing well for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

davycc wrote: »
    same as his perfect right foot finish at old Trafford a couple of .seasons back. Sickens me to see him with The team i hate the most in The entire universe but he is looking great value for money and doing well for himself

When did he move to Arsenal?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

irishmover wrote: »
    When did he move to Arsenal?!!!

Chelsea/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I firmly believe to this day that we made a massive mistake.

We should have chanced switching Bale and Kenneth McEvoy's passport, and tell the world how we've got a young Irish lad coming up who'll take over from Bale.

Would have been a win win for both club and country.

All we would have needed to do was teach bale how to talk in a Waterford accent and no one would be the wiser.

Levy out, he dropped the ball on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

irishmover wrote: »
    I firmly believe to this day that we made a massive mistake.

We should have chanced switching Bale and Kenneth McEvoy's passport, and tell the world how we've got a young Irish lad coming up who'll take over from Bale.

Would have been a win win for both club and country.

All we would have needed to do was teach bale how to talk in a Waterford accent and no one would be the wiser.

Levy out, he dropped the ball on this one.

That actually sounds like a fairly amazing idea for a film.

Advertisement