Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

That's only good if we're going to sell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

irishmover wrote: »
    That's only good if we're going to sell him.

It's good no matter what way you look at it, he'll be sold eventually mate..

Hatch99 wrote: »
    It's good no matter what way you look at it, he'll be sold eventually mate..

Not really good if we don't want to sell him this summer and now have 4+ teams interested instead of two. I have always felt bale would be a spurs player next season regardless of this seasons outcome but now I seriously doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8679412/Gareth-Bale-plays-down-talk-of-move-away-from-Tottenham

i think he'll stay for at least another season regardless of if we get CL football or not

Not really good if we don't want to sell him this summer and now have 4+ teams interested instead of two. I have always felt bale would be a spurs player next season regardless of this seasons outcome but now I seriously doubt it.

No matter what way we look at it, I think it's great. Great for him, and great for the club to say that we have the POTY at the club, and it only adds to his value.

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No matter what way we look at it, I think it's great. Great for him, and great for the club to say that we have the POTY at the club, and it only adds to his value.

Sure it's great and all but I'd take Champions league any day.. Lets hope he puts in his best performances of the season in the next four games eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sure it's great and all but I'd take Champions league any day.. Lets hope he puts in his best performances of the season in the next four games eh?

Hopefully he does, but to me he does not look fit.

Different gravy.
    Add another 5m to that price Daniel, at least 60m now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This is great imo, he's raising the clubs profile along with his own which can only be good in terms of revenue and income.

If we get CL football we will be looking to sign new players to come along and "play alongside double (triple if you include young PFA) player of the year Gareth Bale".

• Advertisement

This is great imo, he's raising the clubs profile along with his own which can only be good in terms of revenue and income.

If we get CL football we will be looking to sign new players to come along and "play alongside double (triple if you include young PFA) player of the year Gareth Bale".

Fully agree sir.

Fair point but we bloody need to keep him first! Dreading a summer of a new article every half hour saying Bale is leaving.. September 1st won't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Perhaps when Villas Boas said Bale would be staying with or without CL football he knew a new contract was being signed? Pretty obvious that he should be the highest earner at the club..
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/06/gareth-bale-is-ready-to-sign-a-massive-new-deal-to-stay-with-tottenham-3713986/

Great news if true, his profile will help us to attract big names in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

“The club has grown every year, we've become a better team and I’ve hopefully become a better player every year,” he said.

“We’ve had a taste of Champions League football and that’s where we want to be again. That’s where the club needs to be to get to the next level and what we’ve been trying to do this season to lift the club to better things.

“Since I came here, everything has changed. When I first arrived there was talk of a new training ground and a new stadium. As the years have gone in, it’s got better and better.

“The training ground has happened and next it’ll be the stadium. The club is growing and I think it’s growing within its own means.

“At the end of the day, I want to play at the highest level possible and be playing against the best teams in the world.

“The club is going in the right direction. All our objectives are the same, we just have to try and achieve them now.”

Missing out on that prime target would, as Bale conceded, be a “disappointment”.

That taste of the Champions League - when Harry Redknapp’s side reached the last eight and his astonishing displays against Inter Milan brought him global recognition for the first time - is one he wants to repeat.

But where Redknapp brought Bale so far, it seems that his successor, Villas-Boas, has taken the Welshman to the next dimension.

Many of the 25 goals that brought him the PFA's Player and Young Player of the Year awards and Footballer of the Year honours from the Football Writers Association, are a direct result of him being switched to a central role.

Bale added: “Obviously, the older you get the more comfortable you get speaking to the manager.

“When you’re younger, you’re quite daunted by the manager. As I’ve got older, I’ve also got a lot closer and become a more important player so you speak to the manager more.

“All the managers have been great with me and in progressing my career. This year I’ve been handed a lot more responsibility, which has been great.

“I believe I’ve been able to motivate myself and make myself a better player by it.

“Every season I’ve improved on the season before. It’s just another natural progression. I’m on an upward slope and I hopefully I can keep improving. I’ve just started a new position and there’s still a lot to be learned there.

“That means scoring MORE goals. More with my right, more with my left. That’s the target for even the best players. If you look at Messi, he scores more goals than he has any other year. Ronaldo is the same.

“There is still plenty more to improve. I just have to keep my focus at this level and take it up further.”

He added: “The club is bringing in better players every season. We’re all of a similar age, around our mid-20s.

“We’ve got a good, firm base, which is always important for a club like Tottenham and I’m sure we’ll bring a few more players in this summer.

“We’re heading in the right direction. Hopefully there is still a lot more to come.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

To cheer us up a little, all of Bale's 30 goals for club & country. He really did score some beauties! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

A lot of those goals were very good also, not to mention very important. He's developing into one of the best players in the world. Crazy to think he's only 23.

It's highly unlikely he'll ever be as good as Cristiano, but his career path is quite similar. It was around 23 when Ronaldo truly started to fulfill his potential, after 1 or 2 seasons of showing promise.Hopefully he'll go from strength to strength, without suffering any major injuries.

Yeah I've been wondering whether he could possibly have another season as good as the one just gone. Obviously it'd be brilliant if he does and it would be better if it meant we got into the CL next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great stuff,hopefully we'll see him score a few more like these in a Spurs shirt next season.

6 years today. Lets hope for 6 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Someone needs to have a word with the refs though for the amount of yellows he got this season for diving I remember one blatant dive against Villa at Home and then he got 4 cards for simulation afterwards that were fouls

• Advertisement

255621.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

His agent is being a bit of a cnut :P

His Agent said it? He's as good as gone so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

The madrid president said today that bale was born to play for them. I think a bid will come shortly

mickman wrote: »
    The madrid president said today that bale was born to play for them. I think a bid will come shortly

Sergio Ramos, Zidane and now Perez all saying Bale should join Madrid. I see the club is as classy as always...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

We have Daniel Levy guys, he got another year out of Modric, i have faith in him getting another year out of Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'd like for Bale to stick around for one more season, planning on hitting a good few games in the new season. He can bugger off after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ah sure, only another 120 odd days till the transfer window closes, might as well get used to this kinda story.

As long as Levy (the hoor!) doesnt sell him on the last day with no time for a replacement!

• Advertisement

Gareth Bale quashes exit rumours as he reveals: I love playing for Andre Villas-Boas

Gareth Bale has dropped his biggest hint yet that he will stay at Tottenham.

Bale has been linked with a summer move to Real Madrid and his agent last week said the Football of the Year would listen to offers from the Bernabeu.

But the 23-year-old Welshman, who is under contract at White Hart Lane until 2016, has revealed he loves playing under manager Andre Villas-Boas and believes Spurs have an exciting future with the Portuguese in charge.

“He has helped me in all aspects of my game,” Bale told Spurs TV. “In training we have been working on things that I can do in games and in games he has given me the confidence to do what I want and do what I do best, which is a massive thing for a player.

“Everyone was excited about him coming in. He is a young manager and he has got a great past at Porto. Maybe not so much at Chelsea but given time, like he has been this season, he has shown what a good manager he is. It has been a very exciting time for the club.

“He has tried his new tactics, his new style of play with us. Sometimes it does take a bit of time just to get used to it and at the start of the season I think that was a bit difficult. But we adapted and got stronger and stronger.”

Standard Sport revealed last month that Bale has already agreed a new £130,000-a-week contract but Madrid president Florentino Perez will still try to test Daniel Levy’s resolve with a huge bid this summer.

Bale won the Professional Footballers’ Association and Football Writers’ Player of the Year awards this season but says he is not getting carried away by individual honours.

“You just keep focused on the job in hand,” he said. “It has been an amazing season for me but it has been a great team effort. We have grown as a team all season and I think that helped me individually and that is why I am able to play so well and get my awards.”

Bale also admitted he enjoys the extra attention he receives from opposition fans. “I get more abuse than anyone away from home,” said the Wales international.

“You get used to it. I suppose it’s a compliment, that they don’t want you doing anything good, they try to put you off. It’s all good fun and games.”

Meanwhile, Spurs are set to name Franco Baldini as their technical director after the Italian left his post as general manager of Roma.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...s-8647401.html

Advertisement