Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great pic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I thought of a new angle to look at the whole Bale transfer saga. Does anyone think that Spurs could be wanting to keep the story in the papers too?

At times like these (i.e. transfer window) it's better to have a high-profile club in order to attract the best players. As long as Bale's name and links to Real Madrid for 'record-breaking' transfer fees are in the paper, the more regularly one will see the name of Tottenham Hotspur on the front/back papers all over the world. Just a thought...

Not the craziest theory in the world. Interesting that Paulinho mentioned Tottenhams most sought after player stated he was going nowhere as a big pull for him joining.

That would tie in with what you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

TIME SQUARE, NYC BABY!

Great publicity for him and the club
    article-2359033-1ABC8FC1000005DC-12_634x521.jpg

I was wondering was this part of the kit Launch or NBC publicising the PL either way the Club will get massive publicity from it I guess Bale is probably the most marketable player in the league right now?

Gareth-Bale-on-the-cover-of-AS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Haha, hilarious. Someone should send them a Spurs jersey with Ronaldo and the number 9 on the back and the headline - Spurs reserve No 9 for Ronaldo in sensational Bale swap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ha ha that story & paper has as much credability as the National Enquirer & their "doubledecker buses on the moon" scoop lol....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

why is this BS repeating yet again, how many times can they "reserve" the no.11 shirt for bale, surely just the once :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

EA Sports confirm Bale will be on the cover of the new FIFA 14 game alongside Messi.

Loads of Arsenal fans saying they won't be getting the game because he is on it lolzer Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

THFC wrote: »
    EA Sports confirm Bale will be on the cover of the new FIFA 14 game alongside Messi.

Loads of Arsenal fans saying they won't be getting the game because he is on it lolzer Linky
    It was funny last year wasn't it Walcott and Chamberlin? it was a bit like they aren't really superstars of the game surprised they were put on it ahead of Rooney or Gerrard etc.(ie a UK Superstar)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

It was funny last year wasn't it Walcott and Chamberlin? it was a bit like they aren't really superstars of the game surprised they were put on it ahead of Rooney or Gerrard etc.(ie a UK Superstar)
    Aye, Chamberlain, don't know how he made it on.

Lolworthy reactions though:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

THFC wrote: »
    Aye, Chamberlain, don't know how he made it on.

Lolworthy reactions though:D

Or cringeworthy, absolutely pathetic bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Or cringeworthy, absolutely pathetic bunch.

Wait, isn't it all Spurs fans who are pathetic and in Arsenals shadow? It baffles me how with one hand they can call Spurs and the clubs fans minnows and on the other hand overreact to something like this. A silly cover with the PFA & Writers player of the year on it. Why should they care? It's only Spurs!...:D

Good luck gareth.. hope you do well in Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Good luck gareth.. hope you do well in Madrid.

You know something we don't hatch?

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8853828/avb-criticises-carlo-conduct

keane=cock wrote: »

Just think he's on his bike, hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Just think he's on his bike, hope I'm wrong.

I'm not so sure, what AVB said last night was a "you better have the cash" statement. Real have been making lots of noise about our player...even though they don't have the money. This is just a ploy by RM to get Bale all worked up. They know they don't have the money and the only way they could secure him is if he kicks up a fuss and demands a transfer. We hold the cards, we are in charge and we have Daniel Levy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

I hope he stays but in my opinion no player is worth 100 mill. I would not have a problem selling him if levy gave the majority of the cash to avb to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have been thinking about this let's say RM did offer 30m plus two site players like people have been saying and it was rightly rejected.

Let's say that RM are trying to turn Bales head with all this 100m talk. RM have backed themselves into a corner big time because if we took least than £80m now (which is still the same as Ronaldo) then Levy is going to look like he has lost out on well over £20m which we all know he's not going to do.

If we accepted the kind of ridiculous money people are talking then I would guess that 99% of football fans would think we made the right decision and RM might just not have the money to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Additionally what is the lowest amount of money you be happy with now?

Personally after all this I wouldn't want to see us back down for less then £100m between players and cash.

deffo 100£ mil & none of their payment plan shennagins like modrat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

bale included in the wales squad to play ireland..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Tottenham Executive Director Donna Marie Cullen agrees that the current squad should stay, including Gareth Bale.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2013-08-07/spurs-exec-current-squad-should-stay-including-bale/

There's definitely a meaning to all this sudden media coverage

there is a definite meaning to our statements but i can only guess its the truth from behind the scenes that bale must stay..

Really hope he stays but something tells me it's just a matter of time before he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I read an article a few days ago which was more of a conspiracy theory, it was interesting though. If I can find it I'll post it, something along the lines of:

The Spurs / Real Madrid partnership agreement

Tottenham sold Modric on the basis that RM would pursue Gareth Bale the following season lauding him as one of the best players in the world, therefore raising the profile of Tottenham and the player himself.

Now it sounds like absolute BS but look at the media coverage we're getting, Sky camped outside our training pitch, NBC promoting the player and club in Times Square etc..

If at the end of this saga Spurs keep Bale the media will have convinced the world that Spurs have the best player in the world in their ranks bar RM & Barca, does that make us the most attractive club to watch in the EPL?

And if the speculation is more than that and RM want the player, why have they not made a firm bid in the form United have for Fabregas? Maybe we have given them first option on the player when he does go as part of the deal?

It's pure speculation but with Levy around it wouldn't surprise me:D:D

makes sense to me anyways LeinsterS..imho bale will stay 99.99% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is it not cruel on one of great modern players though, if true?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Any ideas why he's named in the Wales squad but not the Spurs one for this weekend?

• Advertisement

Any ideas why he's named in the Wales squad but not the Spurs one for this weekend?

Wouldn't think he'll play for Wales if he doesn't play for us at the weekend.

Advertisement