Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Languages with teaching qualification included

Options
  • 03-11-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hello all

I have a first class honours degree in International Business with French and Spanish from DCU.

I currently work as a Director of Languages and Lecturer in French and Spanish at a FETAC Registered training and education school and I want to become a qualified teacher. However I would also like to do a Masters aswell and am wondering does anyone know of any language/education masters where there is a teaching qualification included.

I am very interested in the areas of linguistics, languages, education, adult learning, advanced language skills, second language studies etc.

Ideally would be a part time masters over 2-3 years that has language and education components in it and at the end it gives me a masters AND qualifies me as a teacher.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Morrigin

I've been looking into something like this myself (I'm a qualified teacher and I'm trying to get French as an additional subject)

Blanchardstown IT have a two year part time Masters course for language education in either French or German.

You do need at least one year's teaching experience though

http://www.itb.ie/StudyatITB/bn510bn511.html

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Hi

Thanks very much for the information, it looks interesting alright and I have left them a message to call me back. My brother in law did a Diploma in Social Work and was given the H.Dip in Education ASWELL AS his Diploma upon graduation so I am looking for something similar but in the field of languages.

If you find any other information please pass it on. Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The Teaching Council has a very short list of postgrad courses that will qualify you to be a secondary teacher. You should start there and see if anything interests you.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Hi

Thanks for that. I think I am now on the hunt for a Masters in Foreign Languages (French and Spanish) if they exist. It is hard to juggle between them all and figure out exactly what needs to be applied for so far in advance.

If you have any ideas let me know.
    Thanks

Advertisement