Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can only go so far!!

• 03-11-2010 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi There, i sometimes meditate before i go to sleep, i relax my hole body & try to empty my mind, i get to a stage where im in r.e.m. & my hole body is buzzing, its extreamly intence & after a while i start to feel dizzy & have to stop, why does this happen? also lately ive been able to bring that feeling of on at will, any time i want, & when i do ive noticed my pupils dilating very large, can this have a bad effect as ive started feeling what i can only discribe as electric shocks running throug my brain, when i wake you in the middle of a dream or early in the morning when i get up??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheBardWest

Hi There, i sometimes meditate before i go to sleep, i relax my hole body & try to empty my mind, i get to a stage where im in r.e.m. & my hole body is buzzing, its extreamly intence & after a while i start to feel dizzy & have to stop, why does this happen? also lately ive been able to bring that feeling of on at will, any time i want, & when i do ive noticed my pupils dilating very large, can this have a bad effect as ive started feeling what i can only discribe as electric shocks running throug my brain, when i wake you in the middle of a dream or early in the morning when i get up??

Sounds to me like you might be hyperventilating - no joke. Be mindful of your breathing - it shouldn't be too extreme. I'd suggest seeking advice on improved meditation techniques (there's a great book called 'Posture of Meditation' - but in your case it might be good to sit with a teacher for awhile). Better safe than sorry!

could possibly be related to this: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5457657_kundalini-dangers.html - though I doubt that's the case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Haven't ventured into this arena in a long time but I'm familiar with what you've described, imo you should try grounding yourself for a while. I don't mean through any kind of meditation exercise but just by setting it aside for a while and doing something grounded in reality. I know it feels great but don't forget that balance is key. Whether it's work or play just become more involved in the daily stuff and the spiritual side of you will continue ticking over in the background. You don't have to charge it up all the time, it will always be there and perhaps getting to this point should really only serve for you to recognise that source is available to you if and when you may need it. All things in moderation. Also, if you're using any kind of meds (legal or not) be careful as it could do more harm than good in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

could possibly be related to this: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5457657_kundalini-dangers.html - though I doubt that's the case...
    actually it is pretty much the case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

if your upper chakras are naturally more open certain meditation techniques can make you lose your feet and it sounds like your upper chakras are far more open than the lower ones...i had similar experiences after taking a class in astral travel, one which was kinda scary...i have since been focusing on balancing all chakras in meditation particularly the lower ones and have found that to be much better for me, also visualisations are good..or even just breath focus as a sensation in the body

Advertisement