Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairy lights?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get my hands on some fairy lights? I want some cool ones for my bedroom, and Argos have a very poor selection. None of this fluffy pink craic! Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you can travel connaughton's in Tuam usually have a big selection of good Christmas stuff but they won't have it out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

On-line? Amazon is one option, there are probably others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I'm not actually looking for Christmas ones, just general decoration novelty lights. Though I might get something not too Christmassy when all the Christmas stuff is in anyway, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Euro shops usually have some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Dunnes have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ebay. Amazon can be good if they qualify for free delivery. By the way mains powered clear ones, turned down by a dimmer till they glow golden, look superb on a tree.

If you want something funky get a Laserpod from Maplin.

http://www.laserpod.com/introduction.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

b and q

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DRSPOK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

try argos they usually have them in stock.

Luv It used to do them...I miss that shop:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 porqueno

beware of those things! i was a big fan in the past and was decorating my house a few Xmases back. Thought I'd fixed all the broken bulbs but two were still bare (I was also exhausted post exams). Managed to give myself a pretty nasty shock (lit. stuck to the wire and shaking, thank the gods for fuses and brandy). Needless to say I steer clear now but perhaps a decent set won't be a health hazard for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Most now are low voltage so no danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

porqueno wrote: »
    beware of those things! i was a big fan in the past and was decorating my house a few Xmases back. Thought I'd fixed all the broken bulbs but two were still bare (I was also exhausted post exams). Managed to give myself a pretty nasty shock (lit. stuck to the wire and shaking, thank the gods for fuses and brandy). Needless to say I steer clear now but perhaps a decent set won't be a health hazard for you.
    I think they are now, you wouldn't be able to sell something that carried an electrical current in Europe without passing a minimum set of standards.

Xiney wrote: »
    Ikea!

All the way up to Ikea for Fairy Lights.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 porqueno

I was attempting humour with a hint of warning but I'm curious about the whole low voltage thing....I only bought them 3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Steyr wrote: »
    All the way up to Ikea for Fairy Lights.... :pac:

any excuse to head to ikea!

Xiney wrote: »
    any excuse to head to ikea!

Alright alright. :p:)

Advertisement