Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

snowboarding feb 2011 idea???

• 03-11-2010 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all.

Just wondering if i could get some feedback on a good resort for feb 2011,
    Have been to livingo X3 (dont want to travel that far again) have been to soll in Austria(not bad) and have been to val Thorens(very good but expensive).
    Due to recession and all there are only 3 of going, we were going to try book it all ourselves...
    We were thinking austria, mayrhofen, soll, zell am zee.
    Some place with not to long of a transfer.
    So my question is which is best and how easy is it get there.

Any ideas appreciated,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Les Deux Alpes is always a good option. It has a park all year round, accomm and lift pass is quite cheap and transfer from Grenoble to the resort is short. Ryanair fly into Grenoble on Saturdays and it is usually really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bluestreak

thanks for that, but would prefer something cheaper, have been to France and found it a little expensive..

We were thinking of heading to austria zell am zee, mayrhofen or Innsbruck.
    just wondering how easy it is to get to each place and how long of transfer.
    Would it be better to fly into saltzburg or Munich.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

did you look at Jasna in Slovakia? - bit off the beaten track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nonphixion

I would recommend Cervina (Italy) - VERY GOOD SPOT!! you can snowboarding from Italy to Swiss. Slopes are loooong and very well prepared!

http://www.cervinia.it/pages/Home_i_en/211

Advertisement