Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

polaroid for sale?

• 03-11-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

HI all, been a long while since ive been on hear due to personal circumstances which some of you are aware of, its been good news so no fretting. BUt in the past 3 or 4 months photography has taking a side step for me... untill now that is. its time to get back to it, but rather than picking up my canon 30d i want to take a different route... a road less travelled and i want to start shooting on polaroid. My main reasoning behind this is to get into a habit of 'one shot = one photo' as i feel this will improve my images and produce some interesting results, of which i want to document. Yet my first port of call is getting a camera. NOw i know that there are plenty of polaroids online through ebay etc but i dont really want to be forking out over 60/70 euro for a camera so im asking if anyone can point me in the direction of a working polaroid that they are will to let go for a small price knowing that it will get a good home and be used alot more regular than sitting in a shed/garage/room gathering dust.

all help and links appreciated and its good to be back :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Ebay is always your friend! The film ones you can get for next to nothing and film is back into production so happy days :)

Alternatively, flea markets and second hand shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

You could always look at the Fuji Instax range of instant cameras -they're about 65 quid new for the camera, and cartridges are about 7 quid for 10 shots I think. Gunns have em in stock. Something like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

OP, I'd definately go with the Fuji Instax.
    I got the mini one, it was about €60 or so, but the film is dirt cheap if you buy in bulk on ebay.

I bought something like 100 shots (10 packs) for around €50ish.

Now I'm got a big stack of photos that a ready to chuck up on the wall.

(I know you're looking off someones old one, but I love mine too much to part with). :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

The fuji doesn't have the same feel as the polaroid though, although IP film is way out there still at the moment I'd be going for a polaroid meself :) (if I didn't have 2 already).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

After a friend of mine going on about the IP film for ages he finally bought a few packs. It's over priced and the quality is pretty bad. I kept telling him to get the fuji and he finally caved in and now he loves it. Some examples of the fuji and the IP polaroid on his flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianpearce/

• Advertisement
Advertisement