Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gig Venues in Dublin

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Anyone know a venue in dublin free to rent out for a gig? :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

what kind of gig, band, crowd etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Maniacle wrote: »
    ... free to rent out....
    :confused: Know what you meant, though. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Maniacle

foolelle wrote: »
    what kind of gig, band, crowd etc?

I want to organize a charity event. Im going to have to bands playing and theres going to be a crowd of people coming in o watch... is that what you were asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't know any good sized places that have a policy of letting their venue for free.

However if you approach places and tell them what your charity is they might consider it. They will after all be making money from the bar if you can pull in a big enough crowd.

Somewhere like the Sugar Club doesn't cost too much to rent out normally and I have been to several charity nights in there over the years so you might be able to convince them.

Of course it depends on how worthy the charity is. People will a lot more open to a 'save the children' type night than they would to a 'raise money for bail for my mate Joe' fundraiser. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Maniacle wrote: »
    I want to organize a charity event. Im going to have to bands playing and theres going to be a crowd of people coming in o watch... is that what you were asking?

He meant will it be like adults sitting down listening to the music, or will it be forty teenagers year olds half watching the music and drinking vodka in the toilets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Maniacle

He meant will it be like adults sitting down listening to the music, or will it be forty teenagers year olds half watching the music and drinking vodka in the toilets.

LOL
    The second crowd.. except slightly more mature haha

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

im out

Advertisement