Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Fas Disability Courses ?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Im just wondering if any of you would know do you need to be on disability with social welfare to do any of the courses for a person with a disability. I have had mental illness but have only sought help about a year ago . I have worked with the mental problems since the age that one was allowed to have employment . It makes work extra stressful but I can function - just about-. I have recently been unemployed and am not on disability as I am still able to look for work.

I am wondering if I am eligible to ask about a disability persons course or would I have needed to have been on disability. Also would I be able to apply for supported employment as I feel Im getting worse in isolation without a job.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Comments

I was on a course for people with disabilities, I was entitled to the Fas payment if I was recieving any social welfare payment. I believe they will require a certificate from your doctor to say you are currently unfit for work, but you should not have a problem with the payment you are recieving. I am open to correction but this was my experience.

Advertisement