Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a .22 pistol

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Where can you buy a .22 pistol?

I know that sounds mad but most of the dealers I know dont have any.

Anyone know where to go or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 love to shoot

Portglenone
    The Gun Shop
    51b, Main St, Portglenone, Ballymena, County Antrim, BT44 8HP

Tel: 028 2582 1935

Mallow
    Country Lifestyle
    Unit C, Spa square, Mallow, Co.Cork.

Pat Hayes

022 20121

087 2511869

Duffy's Fishing and Shooting
    5 Mainguard St, Galway, Ireland

091 562367

http://www.shoot.ie/

Castlemaine
    Alamo Gun Supplies
    Castlemaine, Co. Kerry

Paddy O'Mahony

066 9765775

Newtownmountkennedy
    Hilltop Shooting Club
    Tithehewer, Newtownmountkennedy, Co Wicklow.

01 2818025

Patrick Fagan
    dublin

www.gunshop.ie

just a few that i know hope it helps or try the list

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Gun_Dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Just out of interest what are the conditions for applying/ being granted a .22 pistol?
    Do you need to be an owner of a current shotgun/rifle license?
    Do you have to keep it in a gun safe?
    Sorry for hijack but this will save me making a new thread.

Will un-hijack if OP requests!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

you must be a member of a pistol club, and yes you most definitely need a safe. you don't need to have other licenses but the super is going to more than likely be a lot happier giving it to you if he knows you can be trusted.so it would help. i'm sure others are going to add on, but thats my 2 cents worth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You will definitely need membership to an authorised range, a safe and possibly a higher security level than say a rifle or any other single unrestricted firearm. Interview with your Super could be a necessity. Only he can decide these things.

Previous or current ownership of another firearm is not a prerequisite. It couldn't be. Otherwise the Gardai would have to force everyone to have multiple licenses so as to own a particular make of firearm. If your FCA1/application shows good reason then there is no excuse not to get one.

If you are unsure the only and best person to speak to is your local Super. Only he can inform, guide and tell you what he will want/need before issuing a license. Make an appointment and go see him.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Thanks for the info, but im not at the stage where im going to make an appointment to see my super. Was just curious for down the line.

Next purchase for me will be a rifle next summer :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement